Thread: Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds [PSX2PSP]

Thanks
    EP Points

Cool Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds [PSX2PSP]

Emuparadise does not have Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds for PS1. I actually want to play it on PSX2PSP.

I found that another site has the PAL version (not sure if there ever was an NTSC release) and I'm going to work on making an eboot for PSP based on that. Can/should I upload the results to Emuparadise somehow once I get that working?

BTW, I love the album so let's see how the game compares.

Oh by the way, I don't know if anyone cares but other relatively rare PS1 games I've noticed to be missing would be The Journeyman Project - Pegasus Prime and Klaymen Klaymen. Both are Japan exclusives and neither seem to be online as ISOs anywhere.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 20th-May-2017 at 16:26. Reason: merged posts and removed offsite link

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Removed external site link.

Only the owner can upload to the main site. But you can upload to a file host and share stuff in the forums.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I managed to get an eboot of the game working with an icon and background image but with two major audio problems:

1. The in-game CD audio doesn't play. FMV music plays but the CD audio soundtrack doesn't.

2. No matter what I try, I can't get background music for the PSP menu to play.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Removed external site link.

Only the owner can upload to the main site. But you can upload to a file host and share stuff in the forums.
    Your first and third sentences seem to contradict one another. Which is it? Can we share stuff in the forums (which inherently involves linking to external sites) or not?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneCrazyMad View Post
    I managed to get an eboot of the game working with an icon and background image but with two major audio problems:

1. The in-game CD audio doesn't play. FMV music plays but the CD audio soundtrack doesn't.

Your first and third sentences seem to contradict one another. Which is it? Can we share stuff in the forums (which inherently involves linking to external sites) or not?
    No "clickable links" we use code tags around them then people can just highlight and copy paste into their address bar like so:
    [code]link here[/code]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    No "clickable links" we use code tags around them then people can just highlight and copy paste into their address bar like so:
    [code]link here[/code]
    Oh. Makes sense. Thanks for the info.

It may take some slightly more advanced PSP wizardry than I currently posses to improve the experience of War of the Worlds. The game runs, the FMVs play fine, but those audio problems persist. I know some image formats strip out CD audio tracks but the IMG that I'm trying to convert from appears to be big enough to contain the tracks. However, they still don't play on the PSP. Also, none of the programs I try seem to want to create an at3 for using as background music in the PSP menu.

Here's the artwork I've resized for the game tho:
    War of the Worlds PSP Background.jpg

Using a guide called "[Guide] Create Custom Sounds for Games (SND0.AT3)" from the PSP subreddit, I managed to fix the problem with the menu music and now my eboot has the totally epic strings from the opening of "Eve of the War" for it's menu music. It loops properly and everything. Beautiful.
    Looped Eve of the War.zip

The actual game still has the problem with the CD audio not playing though. I'd like to fix that before sharing this.
    Last edited by InsaneCrazyMad; 23rd-May-2017 at 01:38. Reason: edited artwork

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The actual game still has the problem with the CD audio not playing though. I'd like to fix that before sharing this.
    Have you tried using different levels of compression during the conversion process? It you're using PSX2PSP v142, the you can find compression in the settings menu.

Thanks
    EP Points

You can't link to other rom sites. You can't post file host links that are not your own uploads (aka stolen links).

I hope that makes things a bit clearer.

To get CDDA working for PSX2PSP eboots use this plugin:
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....bler-v2-plugin

Edit:
    Moved the thread because it's more of a discussion about eboot conversions.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-May-2017 at 01:27.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

That plugin got the CDDA audio to play, except that it has some static and skips a whole bunch. It's better than silence, but only marginally. I will try different levels of compression to see if that affects this problem.

Also, I think I will change the icon. The guide I had made the image in the icon much smaller than the images on the other eboot icons I see.

Thanks
    EP Points

That plugin got the CDDA audio to play, except that it has some static and skips a whole bunch. It's better than silence, but only marginally. I will try different levels of compression to see if that affects this problem.

Also, I think I will change the icon. The guide I had made the image in the icon much smaller than the images on the other eboot icons I see.
    From CDDA Enabler v2 notes:
    Use 1 or low compression like 2-3. Do not use 0 compression.
    As a last note: what CFW are you using? If you're using old CFW then it's possible your POPS version is old.
    What you need is the most recent CFW and the plugin...the plugin is needed because more recent POPS breaks CDDA support, but more recent POPS is better for more games compatibility.

You should use 6.60 PRO-C fix3 or 6.60 LME 2.3.
    Any 6.61 CFW variant is completely unnecessary as no games require it...it was just the last gasp of PSP OFW generally only needed for online store support iirc. None of the last handful of games post 6.60 actually need 6.61.

Edit:
    Also, old CFW have more issues with games compatibility. Some require patching, and even worse (in the case of 6.60 PRO-C2) PSOne Classics support is broken.
    All official games work fine (plus quality PSX conversions too providing you use the plugin) on latest CFW. No game patching required.

The only thing to note is that if you have old saves it may not be possible to get some of them (maybe even all) to work with recent CFW. Maybe some can be converted to work idk, I never really cared about game saves tbh.
    Except when progression towards trophies or achievements are involved
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-May-2017 at 11:47.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I have tried at compression levels 9, 3, 2, 1 and 0. All of them have some static and skipping in the CDDA except 0, which doesn't run at all. I haven't noticed any significant differences in performance. (though I would only run the music player and maybe the first level for like 30 seconds)

I've got a PSP 2000 (Slim) running 6.60 PRO-C CFW. That was a good question because I had to downgrade to 3.71 from whatever crappy CFW I had since 2009-ish before upgrading to 6.60 PRO-C just a few weeks ago.

My "System Information" doesn't say "fix3" though. Does the "fix3" say "fix3" on the System Information screen? What changed in the "fix3"?

By the way, I have discovered just in the past few days that there is a massive amount of games for the PSP that aren't on this site, especially minis. I don't say this to complain at all, I'm just saying wow, for years I had no idea there were so many more games for the PSP!

Any help trying to improve the music playing performance of "War of the Worlds" would be much appreciated! The soundtrack is particularly important for this game because it's based on a classic prog rock album.
    Last edited by InsaneCrazyMad; 23rd-May-2017 at 01:48.

Thanks
    EP Points

6.60 PRO-C fix3 only comes up as PRO-C in the system info iirc, but you really need to install fix3 version to be absolutely sure you're up to date. Original PRO-C is old.
    Or just try 6.60 LME 2.3.
    Also use the plugin..

After that it's just a matter of following the conversion process outlined in the plugin notes for the best possible results.

Edit:
    As for games, there would have been plenty of stuff in the forums from members years ago but lots of stuff died and was trashed.
    Not everything posted in forums shares ends up on the main site. Obviously some does, but yeah not every single thing.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 23rd-May-2017 at 03:02.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    6.60 PRO-C fix3 only comes up as PRO-C in the system info iirc, but you really need to install fix3 version to be absolutely sure you're up to date. Original PRO-C is old.
    Or just try 6.60 LME 2.3.
    Also use the plugin..

After that it's just a matter of following the conversion process outlined in the plugin notes for the best possible results.

Edit:
    As for games, there would have been plenty of stuff in the forums from members years ago but lots of stuff died and was trashed.
    Not everything posted in forums shares ends up on the main site. Obviously some does, but yeah not every single thing.
    OK. Thanks for the info. I'll double check which version I installed. But is there anything else I can try if it turns out I've been on fix3 all along?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well if you use a 1:1 source and follow the instructions in the plugin notes you should get a working version. Maybe whatever you're doing with modding audio is messing up the whole thing? idk

Spoiler warning: