Thread: Ani's Guide to PAR2 and QuickPar

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Ani's Guide to PAR2 and QuickPar

I'm going to make this so easy, a three-year-old could do it.

For this guide, I'll be using Wii ISOs as an example.

Start off with a set of multiple files. It may seem confusing, but all of those files are puzzle pieces of the main game.
    Example 1: Ragnar provides one TXT file and one to two PAR2 files. The text files have links (yes, you need to download all of the files).

Next, download QuickPar and follow the setup.
    Example 2: Pretty self-explanatory; if you are on this forum, you should know how to do this.

Thirdly, create a folder on your desktop and drag ALL of the files into it, RAR and PAR2.
    Example 3: If you've done emulation before, then it's like dragging the roms into a folder.

*Note: this is not your rom/ISO folder, create a new one!*

After all that, open QuickPar. There should be a intial option screen, only touch this if you know what to do with it. If you are just emulating, hit "Next".
    Example 4: This part is like tinkering with an explosive, don't touch anything that you don't find familiar.

Hit "Add Files" under the top white window and select all of your RAR files, NOT PAR2. Click "Open" at the bottom of the page and select your PAR2 files, NOT RAR.
    Example: It's like a complicated blender. Mixes it up to create something better and tasty! (Please don't eat your computer...)

Click create and follow the rest of the steps, the resulting ISO will be located in the folder that you put your files in. Thanks for reading!

If you've gotten this far, let me know what I can do to improve this guide and any future ones. I had to figure all this out by myself and I'm trying to help out some beginners.

I'll be taking requests for future guides! Go easy on me, this is my first guide.

-Ani

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AniDoesLifeYT For This Useful Post: