Page 239 of 264 FirstFirst ... 139189229234235236237238239240241242243244249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3954

Thread: The Gross-Out: You People Are Disgusting :ahhh:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Never had a PS3 or a PS2 for that matter.
    I was on the fence about getting a PS4 or continuing going with Xbox (had original Xbox and 360), then I watched the E3 announcement conference when both consoles were revealed for the first time, Microsoft was like "fuck everyone", and then Sony went out there and was like, "yeah we aren't doing any of that" so I made my decision pretty easily
    It also worked out that Playstation ended up getting some timed exclusives for Destiny and still has them for Destiny 2.
    Only thing is since then (besides Sony exclusives anyway), M$ has been doing alright.
    The S is a good value buy considering it's actually a proper 4k player, plus there's BC. For that Sony has pretty much gone the way of Nintendo now.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Only thing is since then (besides Sony exclusives anyway), M$ has been doing alright.
    The S is a good value buy considering it's actually a proper 4k player, plus there's BC. For that Sony has pretty much gone the way of Nintendo now.
    I'm talking about like 5 years ago now? At that E3 when they first revealed the Xbox One they were going to make you register your games to the account (so used games can no longer work), the console was going to have to always be online to function regardless of game, and required you to have the kinect as well. Then Sony came out and was like, yeah we aren't requring/doing any of that.
    The made this video as a laugh/jab at Microsoft shortly after.

Thanks
    EP Points

Last one I was pumped about was Killing Floor 2, but that literally is made for online multiplayer. I also already had it on Steam. Great game to just play once in a while and kill some zeds (zombies basically).
    Also the was insanely easy compared to the Steam achievements
    Yeah my net isn't good enough for PS4 online mp or co-op.
    Quite a few PS3 games are playable but lag is significant and very noticeable. Doable in some cases as I've got for some games that require some skill, regardless of the lag.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah my net isn't good enough for PS4 online mp or co-op.
    Quite a few PS3 games are playable but lag is significant and very noticeable. Doable in some cases as I've got for some games that require some skill, regardless of the lag.
    You can play it offline, just you will be playing solo in a wave-based zombie game. Kind of boring that way. It does scale to how many players are in the game though so it is easy to solo most things. When I was grinding for the I did a majority of stuff solo.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm talking about like 5 years ago now?
    Which is why I said "since then"
    Initially PS4 was a better console plus there are nice exclusives.

Everyone thought Pro was great when it came out but it still doesn't have a 4k optical drive. You still can't play anything last gen without paying again.
    Not that it bothers me personally as I keep my old consoles, but you see people "why did I sell my PS3" sadface.gif etc.

So besides exclusives Sony doesn't seem to be doing anything cool now.
    They've had VR for a bit but anyone serious about that is on PC anyway afaik.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4 are the worst possible versions as far as mods are concerned. Well, unless Nintendo versions are worse...which wouldn't be a surprise really.
    To me it seems like for this gen Sony started out with good intentions but is slowly becoming more like Nintendo.
    M$ on the other hand actually appear to be taking things on board.

But then I don't have an Xbone so maybe for me it's just a case of the grass is always greener on the other side. Not that I really take any sides with console purchases, I buy both brands.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Which is why I said "since then"
    Initially PS4 was a better console plus there are nice exclusives.

Everyone thought Pro was great when it came out but it still doesn't have a 4k optical drive. You still can't play anything last gen without paying again.
    Not that it bothers me personally as I keep my old consoles, but you see people "why did I sell my PS3" sadface.gif etc.

So besides exclusives Sony doesn't seem to be doing anything cool now.
    They've had VR for a bit but anyone serious about that is on PC anyway afaik.
    Ah my mistake

I was never attached to any of the Microsoft exclusives other than Halo, and that series was concluded but revived and became shit, so not like I'm missing anything there.
    But no PS4 exclusives really attracted me either prior to switch, and only one since has been Horizon Zero Dawn.
    I do want to pick up Nier Automata sometime, will be watching to see if it gets a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal.

Thanks
    EP Points

I do want to pick up Nier Automata sometime, will be watching to see if it gets a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal.
    I still haven't played the first one.

Horizon Zero Dawn still isn't cheap enough for me. Yeah everybody raves about it but I can't justify spending more than $60.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I still haven't played the first one.

Horizon Zero Dawn still isn't cheap enough for me. Yeah everybody raves about it but I can't justify spending more than $60.
    Me either on the first one, no PS3
    I just thought it looked really good from the trailers, but went with Horizon since they came out like 1 week apart, and I had been crushing on that game for like 2 years when it was announced at E3.

It has a "complete edition" coming out in December here, it includes the DLC that just came out last week, on Amazon it is listed at $50. No idea on your prices though.

edit: holy crap never noticed it was also on 360. I never heard of it before Automata though....
    Last edited by Sheras; 15th-November-2017 at 06:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah Nier is on 360 too. Used copies usually fetch a decent price here though regardless of platform, I don't ever recall seeing that as bargain bin. Which is basically why I don't have it.
    There are still some odd last gen games I don't have.
    Drakengard 3 is a PS3 exclusive which I've never seen cheap, in fact I don't even recall seeing it physical irl at all tbh...but I do have a working backup I injected onto my spare PS3 running 4.70 OFW.

Horizon I've never seen reasonably priced so far. Used it is very rare irl but I admit I haven't been serious about checking used prices online for it.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah Nier is on 360 too. Used copies usually fetch a decent price here though regardless of platform, I don't ever recall seeing that as bargain bin. Which is basically why I don't have it.
    There are still some odd last gen games I don't have.
    Drakengard 3 is a PS3 exclusive which I've never seen cheap, in fact I don't even recall seeing it physical irl at all tbh...but I do have a working backup I injected onto my spare PS3 running 4.70 OFW.

Horizon I've never seen reasonably priced so far. Used it is very rare irl but I admit I haven't been serious about checking used prices online for it.
    I did some quick looking and yeah even online Nier used copies are not at the best prices.

Also, I'm kind of circling back a bit, but it was posted earlier today, to unlock everything in Battlefront II you would either need 4,528 hours of playtime or spend $2,100. Granted I don't think those type of games are meant for you to unlock everything, but them completionists are pissed lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

To me it seems like for this gen Sony started out with good intentions but is slowly becoming more like Nintendo.
    Nintendo is doing things pretty good lately, good for Sony

Also having the best exclusives is everything for me. Nothing more important than that.

Thanks
    EP Points

L.A. Noire remastered 4k master race

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Nintendo is doing things pretty good lately, good for Sony

Also having the best exclusives is everything for me. Nothing more important than that.
    And who gets your vote for best exclusives right now? No flame, just curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

And who gets your vote for best exclusives right now? No flame, just curious.
    Sony (Nioh, Nier, Persona 5, Horizon, Uncharted, FFXII...) and Nintendo (Zelda BotW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Oddysey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2...) without a doubt. And that's just some of the exclusives released this year.