Page 237 of 264 FirstFirst ... 137187227232233234235236237238239240241242247 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3954

Thread: The Gross-Out: You People Are Disgusting :ahhh:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Pretty weird that it's the most downvoted on reddit.
    I'm not reading anything about the game that surprises me.
    You can grind to unlock stuff or pay to get it the easy way...what's so unusual about this?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Decisions about microtransactions aren't made by the whole company...probably not even by the whole team that worked on Battlefront 2.
    I suspect a lot of the people complaining will still be playing the game, and if anyone has the money they will spend it instead of grinding away for hours.

At least it's possible to not spend extra money. Sometimes with video games you don't have that option at all.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Pretty weird that it's the most downvoted on reddit.
    I'm not reading anything about the game that surprises me.
    You can grind to unlock stuff or pay to get it the easy way...what's so unusual about this?
    Most of the outrage stemmed from the fact that you are paying money for a Triple A game, but it has the grindy/paywall aspects of a free to play/mobile game.
    Also they said at some point that during the beta they had examined player favorites/habits and priced things accordingly, people basically took this as, we are moving your favorites and the most iconic characters in Star Wars, Luke/Vader behind a massive grind/pay wall.

Regardless, the outrage and backlash, it succeeded. They already announced they are reducing the price of Vader/Luke by 75% from like 60,000 credits down to 15,000 and adjusting others as well (Luke/Vader are the most expensive).

And just to clarify, I haven't played a Star Wars game in like a decade, just wanted to discuss it a bit since I hadn't seen it brought up.
    Last edited by Sheras; 15th-November-2017 at 04:22.

Thanks
    EP Points

PS2 Battlefront 2 is bestest Battlefront 2!!!!!11!11!123TWRjnwdfvk sdvjlejklb x wf;g mqlrwbj3iopwrghq30589 yt20834gyh23uo

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok so the credits originally needed may have been excessive, but having Vader as an unlockable character isn't surprising at all.
    Online games are full of grind and have been for a long time.

I just don't understand why people are so shocked about what's going on.

I'm outraged that I can't pay to unlock trophies on PS3/PS4 Because with my net speed there are plenty of online trophies that are impossible...hell for PS4 virtually every game is unplayable online.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Phew! Looks like I'm about 2/3 of the way through DS2. Shits been crazy. Just have a couple of bosses to mop up and the rest of the Iron Keep and then onward ho!

On the little monument thing at the safe area it says I've died 257 times

Thanks
    EP Points

Still haven't got Killzone 2 even though I've been grinding away on and off for years.
    Stats tracking is broken most of the time.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm hungry. Someone order me a pizza.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok so the credits originally needed may have been excessive, but having Vader as an unlockable character isn't surprising at all.
    Online games are full of grind and have been for a long time.

I just don't understand why people are so shocked about what's going on.

I'm outraged that I can't pay to unlock trophies on PS3/PS4 Because with my net speed there are plenty of online trophies that are impossible...hell for PS4 virtually every game is unplayable online.
    Honestly I think it also didn't help that it was EA doing this, the gaming hivemind loves to shit on EA.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sheras View Post
    Honestly I think it also didn't help that it was EA doing this, the gaming hivemind loves to shit on EA.
    I don't have any love for them, but yeah certain companies really do get grief on the internetz. Capcom is another.
    They weren't trying to do anything new just pushing harder than usual, but that's how new norms are set.

I think I saw somewhere that there's some griping about Destiny 2 microtransactions.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't have any love for them, but yeah certain companies really do get grief on the internetz. Capcom is another.
    They weren't trying to do anything new just pushing harder than usual, but that's how new norms are set.

I think I saw somewhere that there's some griping about Destiny 2 microtransactions.
    Lol what? Destiny 2 has massive problems but microtransactions are not on that list at all.
    Destiny 2 the only things you can get with money are pure cosmetic. You can get the following
    Ornaments/shaders - make your guns/armor pretty colors no other function.
    Ships - literally just something you look at during load screen, that's it.
    Emotes - just so you can do some stupid little dance/wave/whatever at people (like one example from Destiny 1 is a thriller dance emote)
    Sparrows - only thing possibly, you use them in game but not in any PvP scenario, they have no guns, they may have slightly different stats but it is like 2% faster or things like that.
    edit: almost forget this last one, their is a special armor set that is in these, but the armor has the exact same stats as like 4 other sets so unless you like the look their is no issue.

And you can get all this for free, once you hit Level 20 (which is literally just beat the main story, if you didn't already reach Level 20, it will auto level you to 20 upon completion) you then can level up and each time you do you earn one of those packages that contains those items. They also buff your XP gains for your first 3 levels per character (3 characters max) each week.

You want a rant about what is actually wrong with Destiny 2?

Thanks
    EP Points

I wouldn't know
    I saw mention of shaders being different compared to the first game. But then people complain about the first game anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wouldn't know
    I saw mention of shaders being different compared to the first game. But then people complain about the first game anyway.
    Yeah I know you don't play, and I'm super passionate about this game mainly because I love the world/lore for it and I want it to be good so bad...

The shader system in Destiny 1 was better IMO and in many other people's as well. It was you select a shader and it applies to all your armor pieces, shaders are permanent and can be swapped at any time. Weapon shaders did not exist, other than exotics and in the last expansion for Destiny 1
    In Destiny 2, they made it so all weapons and then armor pieces could each be assigned a shader separately so you could mix/match (which is better), but then they made shaders consumables, so you have to get lucky/find multiple copies (when they drop you get like 3+ each time) if you want to use it one several pieces, and they made it so it cost glimmer (like the in game currency equivalent to Gil/gold/dollars in other games), to even apply a shader to a piece of armor or weapon so it discourages you from swapping shaders frequently as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyway, I wasn't drawing a comparison between that and the Battlefront 2 business.
    Just saw it mentioned along with other games and remembered that you were into the first one.

Also saw this:
    I paid full price for Mario, but they made me start at level 1! The savages!

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

People playing online now and not expecting some sort of grind are being unrealistic. A lot of the people complaining have excellent net speeds and are just lazy.

It's sorta like people complaining here about slow download speeds and/or data limits on file hosts. They want something for free immediately and anything less than that is totally outrageous.

Spoiler warning: