Thread: Slash & burn a ROM collection

Thanks

Default Slash & burn a ROM collection

Ahoj!

I would like advise on deleting parts of a ROM collection. For example I do not think I need both a US and EU copy of 'Addams' Family'.

Are there any games where the EU or US version is notably better or different than the other? The only one I can think of is 'Operation C / Probotector'.

I also see things like 'ChoplifterII' & 'ChoplifterII: Rescue & Survive' Is there a difference or is it just the ROM provider being thorough?

Cheers for any advise on it;
    keywacat

Thanks

try checking "the cutting room floor" and the wikipedia pages of that game for regional differences, like if there was censorship or content cut, etc. It might be listed there.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You will need to do as above dig up info on a per game basis

There are often regional differences but not always

The name of the game does not matter some regions add to the tittle others have a totally different name e.g. Story of Thor and Beyond Oasis are the exact same game (though never did check if either one had any game content changed)

Castlevania on the Megadrive/Genesis does have a regional difference, even though the game name has not changed one has a different coloured blood to the other as part of censorship. <- the only one that comes to mind
    Last edited by Zorlon; 12th-May-2017 at 18:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR