Thread: Dragon Quest 9 Emulation

Thanks

Default Dragon Quest 9 Emulation

Hello,

I've recently gotten back into gaming and emulation after about a 12 year absence.

I've always loved Dragon Quest/Warrior games and am trying to go through all the available ones.

I bought a Nintendo DS and and DQ9 but I don't much care for the small screen. I would love to be able to

Has anyone been able to play it through using a DS emulator? I've played with it some but found it annoying with the split screen.

What is the best emulator and settings for this rom? I feel like the only need for the second screen is for map usage. Is there a way I could set up a hot key to go back and forth from the full screen game to the maps?

My PC will easily handle any DS emulation, just wanna get settings right.

I've researched this some but thought I'd try going straight to the source where I can ask follow up questions if need be.

Thanks so much in advance for any help on this.

Thanks

I myself, with a bit of fandangling, got it running on both NO$GBA, and DeSmuME.
    I used No$Zoomer with NO$GBA for a decent screen options.
    I'll post my settings in a minute, as you do have to change a option or two.
    Also DQ9 has copyright protection, I believe, so you might need a workaround rom, or just rip your game and viola!
    Happy gaming!
    Last edited by Dedboy; 30th-April-2017 at 12:31. Reason: improve grammar

Thanks

Oh cool. I only tried DeSmuME briefly. I hadn't gotten to No$GBA.

I feel like this game must be playable from start to finish on a full screen somehow. I just don't have the know-how.

Thanks.