Thread: PS2 Modbo 4.0 Cannot play PS1 backups

Thanks

Default PS2 Modbo 4.0 Cannot play PS1 backups

Hello everyone! Kinda late to this ballgame, but I recently bought a modbo modchip and got someone at http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/...cat=251&page=1 to install it for me (as I don't know how to solder nor how to disassemble my PS2). I tried to burn some backup PS1 games with Staples CD-R at 4x speed, but my PS2 won't read the damn thing. It just goes off to the browser and says "disc read error". I know original PS1 games work fine on my PS2 as I've tested those, but the backup games are just screwed. PS2 backups work alright, but they are slow. It takes like 30 seconds to 2 minutes to boot up a disc and it makes scratching noises when read. But otherwise, PS2 backups play fine. The problem are these stupid PS1 backups and the "disc read error". What should I do to fix this?

EDIT: to those who are wondering, I use Verbatim DVDs and I own a fat PS2. Here's a video that shows exactly what happens: https://youtu.be/w6c3QfNmYs0
    Last edited by katservices73; 28th-April-2017 at 01:31.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Whatever those Staples are (idk) they're probably crappy media. Your DVDs too by the sound of it.

Either that or the modchip wasn't installed properly...I seem to recall that if the console is a slim the laser can die really quickly if modchip isn't installed properly, it needs some extra diodes (or something like that) compared to a fat installation.

Spoiler warning: