Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default PSVita/PS TV 3.60 HENkaku softmod can now play Vita, PSP and PSX games

The news is a little late due to work commitments

With the new revisions of Adrenaline that is now at v4 I recommend using the latest easy installer (v1.10) for that to save any hassle, all you need to download then is the PSP firmware 6.61 that the easy installer can do for you

This works great both from a Vita and a Playstation TV

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the information but... are you sure? Some months ago you needed to do some spoofing that Sony, eventually, stopped from being possible. Nowadays, with a PS VITA 3.60 Henkaku I have read that you just can play Vita games (which is just great for me). Just being curious, but I can't find any aditional information. Will you please expand it for me or link us some tutorial?

And thanks again!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Very sure

I played Final Fantasy VIII fine last night on my PSTV and have never stopped playing PSP games on my Vita

The easy installer is just too easy to use no need for a guide

Sony never blocked Adrenaline or anything to do with it, what they blocked was the version spoofing with another update that prevents things like trophy updates online and PS Store activities but that was going to happen anyway but there is an alt way to do that now to update trophies ect.

If you are wondering my latest Trophies are from my PSTV
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-April-2017 at 11:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Great! Nowadays, when my wife uses the tv for her Netflix stuff at nigh, handhelds are sacred to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I think I even saw some patches for a few games, to trick Vita into thinking you were using a DS3 but remapping some buttons to d-pad buttons.

Edit:
    Resistance Retribution, Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Legend.

There might be a plugin for Assassin's Creed Bloodlines too, possibly not fully functional though.

Quick Reddit C&P:
    New Remastered Patches for Adrenaline (Resistance and Tomb Raider)

Resistance Retribution

Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Legend

The Resistance Retribution one is more fully-featured. Whereas Tomb Raider Remastered just maps the camera to the right stick (Never played either Tomb Raider game before now, so don't know any changes), the Resistance Retribution plugin tricks the game into thinking you're playing with a PS3 controller and turns on the Plus mode, mapping R2 and L2 to the right and left d-pad buttons, and mapping R3 to down. It also provides a way to unlock the Infected Mode normally unlocked by connecting the game to a copy of Resistance 2, by simply placing an empty file titled resistance_infected.bin into seplugins.

Do note, however, that the Resistance plugin crashes the game when forcing high memory layout is enabled, so make sure to disable that before starting. Tomb Raider Anniversary has no issues with high memory mode. Don't know about Legends.

Edit: ReRepRep was also kind enough to compile and upload a working plugin for Assassin's Creed Bloodlines (EU) though an issue I've had with it is that tapping the L button doesn't center the camera, so you end up unable to progress in the tutorial.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 26th-April-2017 at 11:23.

Spoiler warning:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

eboots work now!? This is excellent news

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes they do

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

(goodbye popsloader for the ps2, the same for pcsxbox for xbox1, they were ok but seriously broken. Since I have a pstv, this make their emulation of ps1 obsolete... ... ... ...not to mention the historic unfriendly way those development teams maintained their projects. Take Castlevania for PS1 the Xbox Emulator pcsxbox started out with good emulation for that but as the program got updated, it dropped to just passing) Adrenaline is Version 5 (psp emulator), the official mode with no filters has been added again.
    PS2 Tool Kit
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.