Thread: Call Of Duty 3 PCSX2 issue

Thanks

Post Call Of Duty 3 PCSX2 issue

Hi gamers,

Earlier this day I installed the PCSX2 emulator and got it working (started out with Burnout 3, and there were some graphical issues)

But now I tried to run Call of Duty 3, and it's all bugged out. I've looked around the forums, but couldn't really see any helpful information. Even tried the FAQ.
    There are a lot of graphical issues and Call of duty 3 is lagging.

Info:

"COD 3 is playable on PCSX2 emulator."

You can see here what's going on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	52015

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	52016

Plugins: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.png 
Views:	614 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	52018

My rig: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	477 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	52017

And I'm using Preset 3 (balanced) on the emulator. Anybody think that they could help out, cause I love this game so f*ck*ng much.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Call_of_Duty_3

Best place to look for settings

Software rendering mode seems to be the key to get rid of visual glitches

As for slow downs it will happen for most with this game even for those with a faster CPU than what you have

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hi Zorlon,

I'll take at look at it. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Call_of_Duty_3

Best place to look for settings

Software rendering mode seems to be the key to get rid of visual glitches

As for slow downs it will happen for most with this game even for those with a faster CPU than what you have
    Yo man, it seems to have fixed the graphical issues. But the game is still slow/lagging. Any idea to fix that? Thanks.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 26th-April-2017 at 04:07. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm guessing you're using an Aldi i5 rig, wiki says there will be slowdowns even using an i7.
    This game is available on Wii too but probably has even more issues on Dolphin, plus the Wii version isn't that great (controls are terrible).

Best versions of the game are Xbox 360/PS3 and then after that Xbox. You'll need a real console for any of those.
    PS2 and Wii versions are inferior.

So if you keep having major issues and love this game so much I suggest you play one of the better versions on a real console. PS2 and Wii versions I just have a backups, the others are all retail.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'm guessing you're using an Aldi i5 rig, wiki says there will be slowdowns even using an i7.
    This game is available on Wii too but probably has even more issues on Dolphin, plus the Wii version isn't that great (controls are terrible).

Best versions of the game are Xbox 360/PS3 and then after that Xbox. You'll need a real console for any of those.
    PS2 and Wii versions are inferior.

So if you keep having major issues and love this game so much I suggest you play one of the better versions on a real console. PS2 and Wii versions I just have a backups, the others are all retail.
    Yeah, I'm using that one, but a bit customized. Seems I have to buy ehm I guess ^^

thanks for the help lads

Thanks
    EP Points

I have to agree. Best bet is to check a few bargain bins. Shouldn't be much more than the price of a happy meal.

Messing with speed hacks don't end up well either with this. Tried it out for shits and giggles once a couple years ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yeah the game isn't worth much but I think the cheapest option would be used Xbox 360 slim & the game. CoD3 for PS3 isn't as common and tends to be a little more iirc...here at least anyway.

I got WaW 360 from work the other week but that's reasonably common still. There was a 360 console there too but pretty sure it was a corona.

Spoiler warning: