Thread: Cocktail Table Machines

Thanks

Default Cocktail Table Machines

I've been building a cocktail style arcade machine for a friend and i know pac-man and galaga have the automatic switching for it to rotate for the 2nd player, but what other games have this ability that i could put on this machine?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Time Pilot maybe? I do remember seeing that as a tabletop more than once back in the day but it was so long ago now I can't be 100% certain it auto switched for players. Most probably did.

Some other possibilities:
    Space Invaders.
    Galaxian.
    Dig Dug.
    Frogger.
    Gyruss.
    Xevious.
    Arkanoid.
    Moon Cresta.

Edit:
    Looked up Time Pilot and apparently the tabletop versions are very rare, like not many official ones were made. It has auto switching for 2 player mode.
    Funny because I've seen at least 2 when I was younger and I don't even live in the states But yeah uprights were very common.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 24th-April-2017 at 13:27.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I remember Super Mario Brothers had a tabletop version too.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Setting the dip switch in each game to cocktail will make it so that the screen automatically flips when its player 2's turn. If you're just wanting to rotate the screen, you can go to MAME menu > Video options > rotate. If games didn't have a cocktail version there's no automatic screen flipping available as far as I know.

Found a list after a Google search, and a tool that let's you search your roms for cocktail support. Credit to the guy (hargle) who made the tool
    https://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/

Quote Originally Posted by hargle
    Here's a list of cocktail, 3 button games with a single joystick that MAME supports. I removed the clones, which means you'll get puckman and not pacman here.
    Note also that just because the game supports a cocktail mode does not mean that every one of these games had been released in a tabletop cabinet.
    Link to his site:
    http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...-cabinet-games

None of this work is mine, I've only linked you to the forum that contains the info you want. All credit to the authors and members of that site.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I can't see Arkanoid on that list but I'm sure 2 player tabletop machines exist

Spoiler warning: