Thread: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban HDD long name issue (save file included)

Thanks

Default Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban HDD long name issue (save file included)

Can anyone fix this? Zorlon I saw the game fixes thread(which is closed) and you said you needed a save file. So here it is. The error occurs when it tries to load the next to last section of the last level. This file goes in UDATA, it also creates an empty folder with the same id in TDATA.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Really sorry but at the moment I will just not have the time to look into this due to work commits

I'm filling in for my manager at work, or to be exact my manager left so I'm a staff member down and working every single day to try and get the basics done and still not doing great :/

I will look into this game again though, I do believe I had WIP info or hacks in place to fix this though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok, don't worry I'm very patient. Thanks for replying. I wish you all the best with your job.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You could use a DVD drive emu though that you can use an ISO of the game with it (Sorry I forgot about it)

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90101

Note that I did upload two variations of mounting software there and presume the second upload was the better one

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just reporting that it works flawlessly, thank you very much. I was looking for such an application. You are the best.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's not the best fix but it makes it playable without resorting to burning, very handy for those that have a broken dvd drive, that is often the first thing to go on the olde xbox

Glad it is working for you at any rate

Maybe when I have more time on my hands I will get round to trying to fix this one again, like I said in one of my old fixes threads I found the game hard going for myself to work on it, as in I did not have enough interest in it to play test as I went along to check if any fixes worked or not.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Why bother with the NTSC-USA version, I believe the UK-PAL version works of HDD and also runs in 720x480P, atleast it does on my UK XBox running in NTSC mode with a component cable.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pointy Finger View Post
    Why bother with the NTSC-USA version, I believe the UK-PAL version works of HDD and also runs in 720x480P, atleast it does on my UK XBox running in NTSC mode with a component cable.
    The same issues are in both versions

The game will seem to play fine up until you enter an area that uses long file names that is will not work
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-August-2017 at 07:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]