Thread: Early Access games for Steam.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Early Access games for Steam.

I made this topic in case anyone wants to recommend an early access game, or even warn others not to buy it if they think it's bad.

Here are a couple I've got recently that I don't regret buying:

Empyrion: Galactic Survival.

It's a pretty solid space survival game. I think it's better than No Man's Sky. You can build stuff similarly to how you can in minecraft. It's got a creative mode for people who don't like playing survival who just want to build ships and bases. You can check out the workshop to see some of the ships people made to get an idea of what's possible.

You need a good PC to run this. Ignore the minimum/recommended specs. To get 60fps/1080p resolution you need need a mid range PC.

Chronicon

It's a 2D, top-down ARPG. Similar types of classes, and loot system to Diablo style games. Because it's 2D, it can run on some really low-end PCs. Even some tablets. I got about 50-60 hours out of it, and for $10 that's not a bad deal. And I would definitely play it again after they add more content.

Here is one I do regret buying:

Ark: Survival Evolved

I haven't played a more unoptimized PC game in many, many years. For as low as they set the minimum/recommended specs, the game runs like complete trash on mid to high range PCs as well. I'm told you won't get constant 60fps on pretty much any PC right now. I think it's pretty scummy that they're still calling this "early access" after they've already released DLC for the game which is clearly a cash grab. It's really mediocre for a survival game, that combined with the poor optimization of the game, I just can't enjoy it. I recently heard a Chinese company who's famous for "pay-to-win" games bought the studio out, Wildcard who made Ark. That just tells me the game is going to go downhill from here. Most of the recent negative reviews for the game are spot on.
    Last edited by gamerdude211; 11th-April-2017 at 02:58.