Thread: Why? Saturn has just starting to boot into Memory Manager??

Thanks

Default Why? Saturn has just starting to boot into Memory Manager??

Hi, does anybody know why my dreamcast has started to boot into memory manager instead of running the disc? I use it with an Action Replay cart, one day it was ok, next day it started doing this! It boots to MM when using original and backup discs. When I go into MM the cursor is on 'Clear'. The time and date are correct, so it's not the flat battery syndrome. I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Tony

SO SORRY!! It's a SEGA SATURN!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 10th-April-2017 at 16:42. Reason: posts merged - thread title edited

Thanks
    EP Points

Easy you didn't burn the cd-r correclty use disk juggler at 2x speed duh

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuNami View Post
    Easy you didn't burn the cd-r correclty use disk juggler at 2x speed duh
    1 not many Burners burn at 2x now, none of mine do 10x is the slowest my burners can burn at and still give me perfect burns
    2 discjuggler is not needed for Saturn burns at all almost any burning software will work, I only ever used Discjuggler for Dreamcast burning but that is in the past (I also used this while on Windows 10 because ImgBurn was giving me issues for Dreamcast games on Windows 10, switched back to 7 and ImgBurn works perfect again for all console burning, including Saturn games and Dreamcast games)

This has nothing to do with burning if the same issue is happening with Retail games

The time is kept as long as it is not powered down for long periods of time even if the battery is no longer holding a charge so it may still be a battery issue

Make sure to backup saves if you have a cart that can do that then try booting with no battery in at all then with it back in again or better yet with a replacement cell

If you think there is an issue with the Action Replay cart try without it plugged in with a retail game if there is a difference then try and clean the contacts of the AR cart with rubbing alcohol or something like that (I have used nail varnish remover to clean contacts in the past and that worked great)

Edit it is also worth boot testing with no pad inserted as there is a shortcut key combo to go directly to the Memory Manager (though I forget the key combo or even why I found out in the first place)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-April-2017 at 20:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR