Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NES games that never should've existed?

wolfman Guest

Default NES games that never should've existed?

Well, there really were some kickass games for the NES, and there were also some really crappy ones too. But what were the ones that made you stop and say to yourself,
    "Ug, why the hell did they make this crap? What the **** were the developers thinking?!"
    For me, it'd have to be the suck fest known as Action 52. Horible! What makes me laugh about this game though, is that the retail price for it when it came out was $200!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Man I really fell sad for the poor fools that payed that price for a game that they probably thought was the best thing in creation, but really, they had just bought a hunk of digital dogcrap!

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Iron Sword.... Wizard & Warriors was bad so I can't understand why they made a even more shitty sequel...

wolfman Guest

Heh, yeah thoes games sucked pretty bad. But I don't think they can compare to the ****tiness of Action 52. *Shivers in fright.*

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh! I have to try that game maybe. Who knows, I might like it.

Thanks
    EP Points

You can read a review of Action52, and if you are feeling brave enough download it from:

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=364

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh! Sounds like a hit game.
    I don't think I'm brave enough to download it...

wolfman Guest

Yeah, that game will infect your soul with it's badness. I also have a review for that work of art...ermmm...I mean ****, at http://www.i-mockery.com/classicgames Also, anybody ever played Hydlid? Eek!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Final Fantasy. Everyone is too overhyped about the damned series, saying how it's the "best thing ever made!" and that RPG is the only style of gaming that should exist. Thus: doie!

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't think FF1 is the best one, but it spawned off a great series that are, like it or not, among the greatest games to date, so you doie!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It did spawn off a great series. Which spawned of several fanboys. Fanboys tick me off. And they're only the greatest games to date for people who like RPGs. I despise console RPGs, and most PC RPGs. Mainly because they're too complicated, it goes from enjoying the game to having to figure out what the Hell is happening.

Thanks
    EP Points

Aye, fair point, and I submit that I am probably largely one of said fanboys. I do understand the gameplay is unappealing to many, but I respect Square wholly for the steps they have taken in high quality storylines over what they've done in terms of gameplay.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmmn. I'm not even an RPG fan and I agree with -Rei-. And why is it that if someone likes something and happens to defend it, he or she is labeled a fanboy/girl? People seem to resort to using that word far too often, and it get's me wondering if they even understand what it means. You can't even enjoy something these days without being labeled a fanboy by someone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Final Fantasy is a great series, I admit that. I've played quite a few of the games, but it's just not for me. And I mean fanboy as in "Final Fantasy is teh best!! Nothing can beat it, definately not. Nope nope nope. Square is a genius for making Final Fantasy. Yepyep. It so totally 0wnz Zelda. It's RPG! How couldn't it?! Bah. Zelda suxx0rz."

Yeah. You get the idea. I wouldn't mind these people if they used legitimate excuses for liking the Final Fantasy series. My brother loves it, as does his friend, and quite a few of my friends. But they like it because they're into RPGs and find the gameplay to be quite interesting, and love the storylines. Other people that I've met like it because of it's graphics, or because it's "the cool thing".

I have nothing against the series, just the people who worship it to no end and can't see the argument from people who don't like it. And you're right, Cyber, it is used far too often. Alas, not much we can do about it.

What really irks me about some people whom I've met only like Final Fantasy and call you gay if you don't have a copy of one of the new games - or call you gay if you don't have a system that has Final Fantasy of any sort on it, or any of the next-gen systems because "they're all the rage". (My newest system is an N64 and my newest handheld is a GBA). Especially the ones who call Nintendo kiddie. I love reminding them that's where Final Fantasy started...

Sadly, I've met a total of about 25 people whom I can remember offhand who've done this. Those are the ones I have met first hand, mind.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Drageuth
    Final Fantasy is a great series, I admit that. I've played quite a few of the games, but it's just not for me. And I mean fanboy as in "Final Fantasy is teh best!! Nothing can beat it, definately not. Nope nope nope. Square is a genius for making Final Fantasy. Yepyep. It so totally 0wnz Zelda. It's RPG! How couldn't it?! Bah. Zelda suxx0rz."

Yeah. You get the idea. I wouldn't mind these people if they used legitimate excuses for liking the Final Fantasy series. My brother loves it, as does his friend, and quite a few of my friends. But they like it because they're into RPGs and find the gameplay to be quite interesting, and love the storylines. Other people that I've met like it because of it's graphics, or because it's "the cool thing".

I have nothing against the series, just the people who worship it to no end and can't see the argument from people who don't like it. And you're right, Cyber, it is used far too often. Alas, not much we can do about it.

What really irks me about some people whom I've met only like Final Fantasy and call you gay if you don't have a copy of one of the new games - or call you gay if you don't have a system that has Final Fantasy of any sort on it, or any of the next-gen systems because "they're all the rage". (My newest system is an N64 and my newest handheld is a GBA). Especially the ones who call Nintendo kiddie. I love reminding them that's where Final Fantasy started...

Sadly, I've met a total of about 25 people whom I can remember offhand who've done this. Those are the ones I have met first hand, mind.
    Y'know what bothers me? When those FF Nerds buy any and all products from Square, and will sing thier praises regardless of quality. Driving Emotion Type S sucked, but I've met Square-Heads who'd swear by it! That always bothered me, about Fanboys.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I know exactly what you mean, Cyber. I've never heard of that game, though, which might just testify how bad it was... Square does have a lot of good games/series, to be sure, but that doesn't mean everything they come out with is a smash hit and should be worshipped. No one has that kind of track record going for them. I've despised games made by Shigeru Miyamoto (I worship this guy. ) several times, and yet I still buy games with his name somewhere in there because they have a consistency for being great. Maybe that's an excuse Square "fanboys" - we'll call them that for now - may use, but when they love "swear by a game" that isn't all that good from a technical standpoint, things start to get irritating.

Now, for the topic at hand, an NES game that never should have been created would be MC Kids. I have that game, and it's fun for the first 5 minutes. Alas, a game created about McDonalds is not something that's too enjoyable...