Thread: I have the original Japanese FFVIII disks, download isos of the American FFVIII is illegal?

Thanks

Exclamation I have the original Japanese FFVIII disks, download isos of the American FFVIII is illegal?

I bought Final Fantasy VIII original Japanese, can I legally download the English version or would it be downloading another game?

Grateful!
    efeelede.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by efeelede View Post
    I bought Final Fantasy VIII original Japanese, can I legally download the English version or would it be downloading another game?

Grateful!
    efeelede.
    Hey efeelede

Hard to tell because whether it's legal or not depends on your country's legislation. It's the same game but different regions. So, if you really want to do what's legal where you live, find out if it's allowed in your country to make/have backups of copyrighted material you own.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just go for it efeelede, you own the game in one form or another.

BTW if you want FF8 USA here ya go - https://www.epforums.org/showthread....sy+viii+redump

1:1 dumps of the original discs.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.