Thread: In need of a little help.

slayer6896 Guest

Default In need of a little help.

I need a little help. I am making a site for a friend, he doesnt know much about using FTP programs or much HTML. He cant really do anything besides write paragraphs. He knows simple tags like break line and how to make links, not much else.

I was wondering if there would be a way I could create a page he could login at and use to post news and edit pages if need be. I am not sure as how I would create a login type page or anything esle he could use. So does anyone know of a tutorial or program that I could use?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You would require knowledge of PHP and mySQL and need a database, or at least a file that stores the information your friend wants to put in. As for tutorials, I have no idea where to find some, but that's giving you a basic rundown of what you'll need.

Thanks

You could get a script from www.hotscripts.com, but you'll still need a knowledge of PHP and MySQL.

chrono8921 Guest

Hmm... personally, what I think you should do is ask your friend to learn HTML, PHP and MySQL first...

Thanks

If your friend wants to update a site with no html or ftp exp he could use a program like trellix web or something i think...

chrono8921 Guest

Originally posted by megamanXplosion
    why do people always want to make websites but they won't try and learn how to do it themselves? That's one thing I've never understood

But, what you're looking for is a Content Management System. I still haven't found a single one worth keeping. Good luck
    'Cause they're lazy little buggers anyway, I don't think a CMS is what he's looking for... some sort of news publishing thing would be sufficient... I think EP used to have a similar script... and BTW, slayer, I think at most, you get Dreamweaver or another WYSIWYG editor...

Thanks
    EP Points

try fusionnews, its a news publishing script and so far its been perfect, no database needed, easy installation, and easy embeding (just use the php include function). Get it from http://www.fusionphp.net

chrono8921 Guest

But you have to have a basic knowledge of php and html for that...