Thread: How to convert bin + cue to multiple bin files (for each audio and data track)

Thanks

Default How to convert bin + cue to multiple bin files (for each audio and data track)

I never figured this out. Programs I used for disc image files until now are daemon tools ultra, ultra iso and img burn.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you try CDMage? That's the program I used to convert disc images with multiple bin files into a bin+cue with one bin. I've also used it to split bin+cue disc images into the iso+wav+cue format (in order to convert it into iso+ogg+cue, which is significantly smaller for 16-bit CD games that make extensive use of CD audio tracks), so I assume it could split a bin+cue into a multi-bin bin+cue.

EDIT: we have a link here at Emuparadise. Get it here. Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by ajshell1; 4th-April-2017 at 16:05. Reason: Added link

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ¸Bero1707 View Post
    I never figured this out. Programs I used for disc image files until now are daemon tools ultra, ultra iso and img burn.
    Why would you even do that?? I would understand more doing to complete opposite though as a single bin+cue is more widely compatible

If you are thinking or redump they do this from an actual disc and have instructions on how to do this correctly to get there results, programs like cdmage don't do this correctly

ultra iso will generally corrupt PSX games though if you use it to convert as it has no support for XA headers that a good number of PSX games used, any PSX game that used FMV or Music from files instead of CDDA would use XA headers for those files

the olde method was via CDRWin that I don't think will even work on newer OS's that lets you both dump individual tracks but will also let you create a correct cue sheet, I used that years back using a method like this to create a full working dump of Bleem! (Bleen is junk now but back in the day it was awesome and not easy to copy, though was eventually cracked so the CD was no longer required)

DiscImageCreator is what redump use, but best to use there info to get it correctly dumped
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-April-2017 at 16:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I can't understand why he would want to do that either. I just wanted to give a bit of advice. It appears to have not been the best advice, but oh well.

OP, May I ask exactly why you would want to do this?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ajshell1 View Post
    I can't understand why he would want to do that either. I just wanted to give a bit of advice. It appears to have not been the best advice, but oh well.

OP, May I ask exactly why you would want to do this?
    Don't get me wrong CD-Mage can be used if I remember correctly to rip individual tracks and a choice of formats and the result will still work providing a cue is built, as it happens I think that is one of my own uploads, used it mostly for repairing sector headers in CD images, handy if you change anything like regional codes or fun little hacks ect that would mess up sector header info

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

For some games when I want to have more versions of soundtrack I can just create additional cue files.
    Example: I want to play US version of Sonic CD sometimes with US soundtrack and sometimes with Japanese/European. I can also use something completely different for other games.
    I also need this to apply some hacks/patches.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CDDA tracks for the few games that use them can not always have the CDDA replaced it depends on how the game was coded (some use set times from a single CDDA track others still use set time but multiple tracks so the track number it not always used) still best to use Wav not a raw format

PPF Patches do not require the tracks to be split a mixed mode bin is still fine

ISObuster is also a good option that can also dump individual tracks

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I'll try ISObuster. Thanks!