Thread: Help Getting PSX-PSP Game To Work

Thanks

Default Help Getting PSX-PSP Game To Work

Hello!

This has been driving me nuts all afternoon/night. I followed a tutorial on how to install Pops on my PSP to play Rugrats Search For Reptar. I have all the .prx files and everything in all the right folders, the game's showing up on my PSP but it's just a black screen after I start it. I have 6.60 PRO-C2 on my PSP. I don't know what type of PSP it is, it's an old one (The FFVII special edition) and the 'pops' come up when I hold down R but none of them make the game start.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you ;^;

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Might be unrelated to your issue but I recommend you use either 6.60 PRO-C fix3 or 6.60 LME 2.3 CFW.
    C2 has broken PSOne Classics support iirc.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Thread moved.

Might be unrelated to your issue but I recommend you use either 6.60 PRO-C fix3 or 6.60 LME 2.3 CFW.
    C2 has broken PSOne Classics support iirc.
    As above regardless of the current issue

You will also want the PSX cdda enabler plugin as some games that use CDDA audio will not work otherwise (this game does not use CDDA tracks)

Hint to find out what version of PSP you have

First version 1000# was the bulky model with a sturdy UMD drive with an eject button
    Second version 2000# was the slim version with a very flimsy UMD drive with a manual eject (pull open)
    Go was totally different looking
    the other version was a smoother design but overall look is very simular

Not that the model of PSP even matters

Give me a few moments I will convert and test the game myself for you

EDIT

For testing to give a more stable test I used 0 compression when I converted the game fro a disc image from our main site

I got the game to boot fine from pops version 5.50 I only let the demo play as I have no interest in the game at all

If you did try pops 5.50 and it failed I recommended re-installing Popsloader Pro/Me version 6.60 with the correct pops files

There are several versions of Popsloader and not all will work with your firmware correctly

EDIT

5.51 also worked but none of the 6.## versions work
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-March-2017 at 17:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    As above regardless of the current issue

You will also want the PSX cdda enabler plugin as some games that use CDDA audio will not work otherwise (this game does not use CDDA tracks)

Hint to find out what version of PSP you have

First version 1000# was the bulky model with a sturdy UMD drive with an eject button
    Second version 2000# was the slim version with a very flimsy UMD drive with a manual eject (pull open)
    Go was totally different looking
    the other version was a smoother design but overall look is very simular

Not that the model of PSP even matters

Give me a few moments I will convert and test the game myself for you

EDIT

For testing to give a more stable test I used 0 compression when I converted the game fro a disc image from our main site

I got the game to boot fine from pops version 5.50 I only let the demo play as I have no interest in the game at all

If you did try pops 5.50 and it failed I recommended re-installing Popsloader Pro/Me version 6.60 with the correct pops files

There are several versions of Popsloader and not all will work with your firmware correctly

EDIT

5.51 also worked but none of the 6.## versions work

Hello Zorlon and deadlegion! Thank you for replying

I have a PSP 2000

Please note I am in no way shape or form a computer wizz but I'm trying my best to keep up!

I downloaded 6.60 LME 2.3 CFW like deadlegion suggested.

I downloaded the Rugrats game PSX>PSP version from this website. I don't have any converter program on my laptop

I tried using pops 5.50 and I got the same result. Where would I download Pops Pro? I have Popsloader v3 I think.

May you please link me? Would it be possible to upload the version I need? I only want to play this one game on my PSP ;^;

Thank you

BTW I looked up a PSX cdda enabler plugin and downloaded this:

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=41330

Is that okay?

I downloaded PSX2PSP and downloaded the ISO PSX file from this website and made compression 0 and converted it. Ugh! It wouldn't even let me press home to quit game with this one lol. I loaded pops 5.50 too I don't know what I'm doing wrong! Should I screencap my files and show you my pops? and the pop files like okay-

So I just need these pops?

common_util.prx
    libpspvmc.prx
    pafmini.prx
    popcorn.prx
    popsman.prx
    pops.prx

That's what's in my 550 file

Ugh should I just delete everything and start over?

I downloaded 6.60 ME-2.3 from here:
    https://hackinformer.com/PlayStation...P1000_OFW.html

Is that okay?

I didn't get the instructions though,
    2) Rename the Update-file to "660.PBP" and put it at "ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/660.PBP"

I did that and it just showed up as corrupted data

I'm so confused! uGH
    Last edited by Toty; 31st-March-2017 at 02:46.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

All PSP and Pops firmware files can be found at https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067 pops 6.60 is not needed from the pops set

If I get the time I can upload my popsloader, though should be on the forum anyway in one of the guides by Meganova at https://www.epforums.org/showthread....43#post1583543

For installing an alt CFW you need to be back on the retail firmware but in order to do that you will first need to downgrade to an older firmware to update to the firmware of choice 6.60 retail firmware, then ME should be able to install fine

6.60 PRO-C fix3 is exactly what I used to test the game myself
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-March-2017 at 09:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

All PSP and Pops firmware files can be found at https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067 pops 6.60 is not needed from the pops set

If I get the time I can upload my popsloader, though should be on the forum anyway in one of the guides by Meganova at https://www.epforums.org/showthread....43#post1583543

For installing an alt CFW you need to be back on the retail firmware but in order to do that you will first need to downgrade to an older firmware to update to the firmware of choice 6.60 retail firmware, then ME should be able to install fine

6.60 PRO-C fix3 is exactly what I used to test the game myself

alt CFW? I downloaded 6.60 PRO-C fix3 and just put the files in the right places.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

And I don't get the PSP Firmware updates - I downloaded it but all the zip files were the same thing for me?

Thank you Zorlon! I really appreciate your help

Update! I downloaded Crash Bandicoot and it worked!! So I have no idea why Rugrats isn't working

I double checked and none of the pops work for Rugrats
    Last edited by Toty; 31st-March-2017 at 14:31.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You need to downgrade to anything under 6.60 e.g. 6.39 OFW before updating back to 6.60 OFW before installing the CFW

I already linked the guides that includes a guide for downgrading

That is how removed 6.60 Pro C-2
    then installed 6.60 Pro C with fix 3 applied

1 downgrade to 6.39 OFW
    2 update back to 6.60 OFW
    3 install 6.60 CFW of choice

Downgrade guide and Pro and Me guides are found at

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....43#post1583543

P.S. pops 6.60 modules folder is not needed as OFW and CFW 6.60 uses that as default that is still select-able by popsloader without the 6.60 modules folder existing
    Last edited by Zorlon; 31st-March-2017 at 14:54.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Note:
    It's best to stick to official PSOne Classics (PSN) versions if possible, eg Crash Bandicoot has PSOne Classics versions. Rugrats afaik doesn't have a PSOne Classics version though.

Spoiler warning:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You need to downgrade to anything under 6.60 e.g. 6.39 OFW before updating back to 6.60 OFW before installing the CFW

I already linked the guides that includes a guide for downgrading

That is how removed 6.60 Pro C-2
    then installed 6.60 Pro C with fix 3 applied

1 downgrade to 6.39 OFW
    2 update back to 6.60 OFW
    3 install 6.60 CFW of choice

Downgrade guide and Pro and Me guides are found at

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....43#post1583543

P.S. pops 6.60 modules folder is not needed as OFW and CFW 6.60 uses that as default that is still select-able by popsloader without the 6.60 modules folder existing
    Okay I downgraded to 6.39 and then updated to 6.60 and reinstalled 6.60 Pro-C fix 3 but Rugrats still isn't working ugh. What do you suggest?

I dont understand why it's working for you but not me what am I doing wrong? Maybe the 6.60 Pro-C fix 3 I downloaded is broken? ?

I tried to install 6.60 ME 2.3 to see if it'd work but I don't have HEN and I don't even know where to download it for 6.60

Since you don't have any CFW or HEN installed,
    - First, download this, and put it on your /PSP/GAME/ folder
    - Then run TN-A installer from your XMB
    - After that, check your System Information, make sure it was 6.39 TN-A
    - Download 6.39 Official Firmware, extract, then rename the EBOOT.PBP to 639.PBP
    - Copy 6.39.PBP to /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder (create if you don't have one)
    - Next, copy to EBOOT.PBP from the ME-9.2 UPDATE folder to the /PSP/GAME/UPDATE
    - Unplug your USB cable, then run the installer from the XMB(not the TN-A installer).
    - When you've done, check you System Information again, it should be 6.39 ME-9.2 or something.

I was trying to copy that but ughh, can you please help me? (Sorry I suck lol)

Because IDK why 6.60 Pro-C fix 3 isn't playing Rugrats uGH could I have the pops wrong?? Idk this is so frustrating *explodes*

Do you think it might be the game itself? You said you converted it yourself and it worked? Do you think if you have a chance you could upload the game for me?

I used the PSX>PSP ISO thingy on this website but other PSX games work

Question, are all popsloaders the same? I have popsloader v3 (I think I told you) what ones do you have?

Also where did you download your 6.60 PRO-C fix3? Maybe mine's broken. I have no idea but I appreciate you taking the time to help me

So I downloaded Tomb Raider and it worked. I don't think it's my pops?

Do you think you could download the game and see if it works on your PSP please?

https://www.emuparadise.me/PSX_on_PS...64216-download
    Last edited by Toty; 1st-April-2017 at 06:08.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Note:
    It's best to stick to official PSOne Classics (PSN) versions if possible, eg Crash Bandicoot has PSOne Classics versions. Rugrats afaik doesn't have a PSOne Classics version though.
    I really wanted to play Rugrats tho now I'm just mad cause all I want to do is get it working lol

Thanks

OMG YOU GUYS I GOT IT WORKING!!! Thank you lol

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Toty View Post
    I really wanted to play Rugrats tho now I'm just mad cause all I want to do is get it working lol
    attached is my copy of popsloader excluding the individual modules

again you can get the modules from https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067 that happens to be what I use myself and is what I uploaded anyway some time back

P.S. I will try the pre-built eboot providing I have time to do so, but what I tested was the PSX game downloaded from our main server that I converted myself with PSX2PSP 1.4 I think it is (A quick google would find it), I did not bother to make my own icons or backdrops or anything like that though as all I was doing was testing, personally I am waiting for is a PSX hack for the HENkaku PSVita hack and make full use of my PSTV and Vita
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

attached is my copy of popsloader excluding the individual modules

again you can get the modules from https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067 that happens to be what I use myself and is what I uploaded anyway some time back

P.S. I will try the pre-built eboot providing I have time to do so, but what I tested was the PSX game downloaded from our main server that I converted myself with PSX2PSP 1.4 I think it is (A quick google would find it), I did not bother to make my own icons or backdrops or anything like that though as all I was doing was testing, personally I am waiting for is a PSX hack for the HENkaku PSVita hack and make full use of my PSTV and Vita
    Thank you Zorlon! Yeah I did what you did, downloaded the psx game and converted it with popstation gui or whatever and it worked!!

Ahh thanks for all your help! <33

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yup the pre made one just goes to a black screen, just got round to testing it now

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]