Thread: Filtering roms

Thanks

Lightbulb Filtering roms

Hi everyone,

If you face the problem of filtering rom fullset depending on the rom name (containing [!] for verified, (E) for Europe, (U) for USA and all other codes...) like I did, you can use a tool I developped. It is opensource (so free) and feel free to contribute creating pull request or isssues. This is the link: https://github.com/benjdum59/filterRoms

Enjoy!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Good sets are full of junk bad dumps aswell as good dumps hacks of all descriptions public domain dumps ect

You are best off with no-intro rom sets instead that only contain the latest good dump of each retail game

You can still use whatever rom sorter you want though I tend to fall back on RomCenter that can filter in just about anyway you feel like and move filtered games to a new folder or any other sorting you wanted to do and works just fine a front end for emulators though for me I just tagged it to open roms with 7-zip as I tend to use real hardware rather than emulation for most systems as well as a rom auditor via dat files though it is windows only

RomCenter may be worth a look at though to give yourself some ideas for your project, RomCenter is not for everyone and some would find it clunky to use, to be honest it's years since I bothered using it I manage fine going through my roms and keep full clean sets when I find time to check for updated sets ect that are checked with ClrMamePro, RomCeneter is a little unstable last time I used it for auditing asides from that it does work just fine.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR