Thread: Amiibo emulation

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Amiibo emulation

I just want to get all the outfits/exclusive gear in Breath of the Wild. But $60+ apiece for the old Zelda amiibos is outrageous. If they weren't out of print, and just $15 I'd simply buy them.....

I was reading about this Amiiqo thing that let's you manipulate them. There's also a "Powersaves" thing. Also saw something about using an NFC Android phone?

I dunno, I hardly know anything about Amiibos as it is, nor do I get how those hardware things work.

Question is.... is it possible to:

a) download something and magically use my phone to manipulate a generic amiibo into any of them

b) buy a unit that magically transforms a generic amiibo into any one i want?

how about these NFC cards/tags i've seen on ebay... how are they made?

i don't want to spend an assload of money on a bunch of toys..... is there a way around it yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

From what I've read apparently those cheap card things can only have one amiibo spoofed on them, which is why they're usually sold in packs.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

From what i read on the Amiiqo site just now I believe you need to have the amiibos to then store on the device they sell.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shordore View Post
    From what i read on the Amiiqo site just now I believe you need to have the amiibos to then store on the device they sell.
    You don't actually need the amiibos there are dumps of a lot of them out there. But you do need a card for every amiibo you want to emulate (cards are one use only).

Spoiler warning: