Thread: Need help updating Rom CHD set

Thanks

Default Need help updating Rom CHD set

I have both rom set .161 and chd set .161. I know how to update the rom set and chd set, but my question is this.... I have the rom update packs from this site, does the update pack include update for chd? I was told there is a separate update pack for chd in general. If this is true I looked everywhere and can not find such a thing, where can I find it in particular? So another wards if I have the update pack .161-.162 from here and I update my rom set .161 to .162, do I use the same update pack to update my .161 chd set?

Thanks
    EP Points

Having done the same thing as OP, I have the same question as well.

(using CLRMame Pro for ROMs)

Thanks

*Bump

Thanks
    EP Points

How many CHDs do you have? It might be a better idea to just find the most recent CHD files from somewhere and overwrite them.

I realize this may not be the most practical solution, though.

Thanks
    EP Points

I 2nd what ajshell1 said, it's just easier to get the latest CHD set, which is 0.184. I have downloaded the whole 0.184 ROMset and some 0.184 CHDs from another website, and every game I tried run just fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ksio89 View Post
    I 2nd what ajshell1 said, it's just easier to get the latest CHD set, which is 0.184. I have downloaded the whole 0.184 ROMset and some 0.184 CHDs from another website, and every game I tried run just fine.
    Can you pm me the web site please or post it here?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by willkills View Post
    Can you pm me the web site please or post it here?
    Not allowed to link to other rom sites for downloads, and any links posted must be your own uploads. PM is ok though.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Does Emuparadise not host a complete 0.184 ROM pack?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Scolopax View Post
    Does Emuparadise not host a complete 0.184 ROM pack?
    0.164 to 0.165 update pack rom is the most recent I can see, but for CHD set 0.161 is the most recent. It's nearly 353GB

Edit:
    Actually, read this about 0.184...
    https://www.emuparadise.me/News/comments.php?id=1136
    Last edited by deadlegion; 19th-April-2017 at 09:29.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Edit:
    Actually, read this about 0.184...
    https://www.emuparadise.me/News/comments.php?id=1136
    I already did, I commented on it yesterday. I'm new to MAME, have 0.184 ready to go, and am now looking for a rom pack. Emuparadise seems to have all the roms, but as individual downloads. There is a whole pack available for 0.161 (as in download one zipped file and you have all the roms), but doesn't seem to be an equivalent for 0.184, despite the above post mentioning that all roms are now version 0.184. I just want to be able to set one large download running, knowing that I'll have everything at the end of it.

Unless the 0.161 pack would work in 0.184?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by The Scolopax View Post
    Unless the 0.161 pack would work in 0.184?
    I'm no expert but pretty sure you need same rom/CHD sets.
    Honestly if you want another way to maybe get some feedback about current rom and CHD sets etc I would create a thread over here:
    https://www.epforums.org/forumdispla...nload-Problems
    about it as MasJ checks that section for main site issues, comments etc. Keep the title concise and relevant please, I'm not assuming you're a total noob but you'd be surprised how many people create generic "HALP ME" threads on the board. It isn't...helpful

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the advice. I've created a new thread as suggested. Seems odd that there is no current rom or chd set to download, just update packs. I'm a mac user, not even sure how I would update roms or chd's!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For a MAC user using update packs is not an easy task, unless there is a port of clrmamepro for mac or a similar tool

Anyway to use an update pack manually you would need to open the zip file for the game you need the updated roms for then copy the files inside to the zip file of your current set, as you can imagine that will take some time to do, even for a large set it can take soime time to do even using an automated method like clrmamepro

Updating chd's is not an option at all for mac users or not for simply redoing them up to the new standard that is done via command line tools for Dos/Windows chdman I think the tool is (it's been a while) even when you can use that tool and it works it is still less hassle and time to just download it updated

Mac can run some windows programs still though via Wine or a Virtual machine (PC emulator)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thank you for your reply. So for ease then, I really just need a 0.184 rom pack correct? Is there a complete pack available here, rather than downloading them all individually?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not that I am ware of

You could try searching for a torrent though for a full set, but even torrents tend to be a mix of an older set and update packs to bring it to the latest version

MAME has always been a tough one to keep up to date with because as soon as you get a set the next update need those roms updating again and those updates can come fast at times

Not all games that are supported by MAME work though some are very much in a WIP stage and may not even show anything at all or just run too slow to be playable no matter what spec PC or Mac you may own

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR