Thread: Problem running Bomb Jack, game starts with abnormal level of difficulty

Thanks

Default Problem running Bomb Jack, game starts with abnormal level of difficulty

Hi Folks,

I like to play Bomb Jack using Mame Emulators.

If I start the game using MAMEUI everything is fine.
    The stage 1 of the game looks like in this video: https://youtu.be/fwXnoZprGXY?list=PLE9C85CF2496AF1BC

But If I start the game with MAMEUIFX it seems the game start with a higher difficulty level. Ennemies are faster, and I don't have the same ennemies at stage 1 that the ones I used to have with MAMEUI. I get the balls (grey and red) and it seems that the level 1 is a bit harder.
    So basically the game start in harder mode...

Let me add that,
    I use the same ROM file with both emulators.
    I want to use MAMEUIFX because it has built-in highscores support.

So basically my question is How can I run bomb jack with MAMEUIFX and have the correct level of difficulty.

Thank you so much for your help,

B.

Thanks
    EP Points

You must be using old versions because MAMEUIFX no longer exists, and has been replaced by ARCADE32. You could try deleting any config files for bombjack, such as cfg\bombjack.cfg, ini\bombjack.ini and the nvram (if it exists). This should restore everything back to normal.

Also, MAME now includes high score support, which means MAMEUI etc as well.

Thanks

Thanks for your help !

I managed to find the problem. When I enter the bios of the game there's an option "dip switch" where you can set up the difficulty of the game
    MAMEUI was starting the game in easy mode
    MAMEUIFX was starting the game to hard mode.

I changed the value and now everything run perfect !

Cheers,

B.