Thread: Trouble with The House of the Dead for PC

Thanks

Default Trouble with The House of the Dead for PC

(Mods, feel free to move this post if it's misplaced!)

Hi everybody! I recently bought two Aimtrak lightguns, and they are working great with my PC games, and my PS2 games. I have installed House of the Dead 1-3 on my pc, and all are working great. That is, until today. I was having difficulties with the music, even when the cd was in the drive, so i tried to find a fix for it online. I found one, and it did fix the music for the game.

However, after a reboot, I tried to start the game, and now the game is complaining about missing the cd - even when the cd is in the drive.

- I've been searching google and forums I know to find a fix.

- I have tried no-cd patches (one worked, but gave hefty graphical glitches on the main menu).

- I've tried to delete the thing, all directories and files, as well as checking the registry for it - couldn't find anything though.

- I've also tried to copy the files over to another computer, and it works just fine there, with the music, and even without the cd. It just seems that on this specific computer, it has stuck itself in a "can't find cd" mode - even though there's no registry entry of the game at all, as far as i can tell.

I know there are other ports of the game, and I could probably just set up an emulator, but i'd rather stick to what i own myself.

Both pc's I have tested are Windows 7, 64 bit.

Any help would be much appreciated! I'd hate to format the C: drive just for one heck-old, ugly-lookin' fun ass game, but that is the next on my list..

Screenshot_3.png

Thanks

I got it fixed. I tried a lot of different things, but I'll explain what i think fixed it in the end.

I copied the files from the original cd into a folder on my computer. I then used the (only) no-cd patch that's available (the one that caused a graphical glitch earlier) on the exe file from the cd, rather from an installed version of the game. It now works full screen, and with no graphical glitches. I'm still missing the music, but I guess I'll just have to live with it.

This thread may now be closed, if there exists such an option on these forums