Thread: Running xcota on mame with win 10

Thanks

Default Running xcota on mame with win 10

Hi I'm new to the forum and i have a problem i can use some help with. This account is a year old and i forgot i had it as i tend to not use forums because i just lurk.

Using any mame emulator i get an error when i try to run X-men children of the atom. The error says that i'm missing the xcota.key and qsound files. I found a qsound file thanks to google but i can't find the xcota.key file. The qsound file also said it needed to be redumped and i don't even know what that means. I'm pretty sure their is an alternative for qsound but i can't find it... but the xcota key i have no answer for. I'm a novice with emulators so this is just my opinion but i think the xcota.key error may be cps2 related, and has nothing to do with me using windows 10.

I'm also using Mameui64

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you mean xmcota?

Thanks
    EP Points

OP, are you still having this issue? I think emuparadise recently updated their MAME roms, so do you think you could try again?