Thread: The Good Old Burned PS1 on PS2 Question

Thanks
    EP Points

Question The Good Old Burned PS1 on PS2 Question

I am assuming it isn't possible to play burned PS1 games on PS2, with FMCB 1.8 / FHDB.
    I have successfully played Crash 3 via PopStarter, but it is way too sluggish to even bother continuing.
    After purchasing an elgato HD60 Pro, I'm looking forward to stream my older consoles (of course, through HDCP bypass).
    But honestly, I would like to use the original hardware (or in this case, the 30001 PS2) to play PS1.

I have been streaming via PC, using ePSXe with an Xbox One controller. At least 2.0.5 supports Xinput.
    ...but still! Any way to play the burned PS1 copies on a softmodded fat PS2?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Burned kind of, it is just a swap trick but made a bit easier

Goes something like

Boot the PSXLauncher with a retail disc in it will prompt to boot the game swap from the CD-R and continue the boot, but with the fat you need to use a slide tool or a flip top mod to swap I don't remember exactly how PSXLauncher works off the top of my head to give exacts, I just emulate PSX on an Xbox and use a Xbox to PS2 pad converter, heard the Wii does an OK job also though never tested it myself

Retroarch is ported to tons of platforms so maybe try with an Android box if you have one or maybe ePSXe for android, I also have played a little doing that though was mostly for megadrive using a PS2 pad to USB converter that I have a few of anyway, not looked at the PSX emulation through it yet and was just playing round I have too many devices I use for games to start with

Multi disc games that need to change disc in game will be unplayable e.g. Metal Gear Solid, other multi disc games like Final Fantasy VII are fine as you get to make a disc 2 save at the end of disc 1 ect so can be rebooted with disc 2 and load the save made on disc 1

Some games that use CDDA may also have issues or just lack CDDA sounds in game (CDDA is usually music but not always and not all games used CDDA at all)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: