Thread: ISO: a "fixed" The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition for Gamecube

Thanks
    EP Points

Default ISO: a "fixed" The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition for Gamecube

it looks like ocarina of time, majora's mask, and the 20 minute demo of wind waker work fine (haven't played through them yet, just testing)

the NES zelda 1 & 2 games don't work (https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...with_NES_Games)

Name:  1169px-Legend_of_Zelda-Collector's_Edition-Nvidia_Title_Corruption.jpg
Views: 2471
Size:  109.6 KB

i know they've both been released 100 times in various ways, but i want to play the gamecube versions.

i'm just wondering if it's possible to do so yet.

thanks

while we're at it, if anyone wants an orgasm, find me a Zelda 1 "Teikyou Charumera" rom and i'll be happy to provide one twa ha ha

"The Legend of Zelda: Teikyou Charumera, which was a version of Zelda released to promote Myojo Foods’ Charumera Noodles, and Summer Carnival ’92 Recca, which was created and released for the Summer Carnival ’92 celebration are both famous examples of cross promotion in video games."

Zelda 1, NES, a version "released" to promote a noodle company................. good luck. i've been all over the internet, for years, looking for that.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-March-2017 at 09:11.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Analfist View Post
    it looks like ocarina of time, majora's mask, and the 20 minute demo of wind waker work fine (haven't played through them yet, just testing)

the NES zelda 1 & 2 games don't work (https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...with_NES_Games)

Name:  1169px-Legend_of_Zelda-Collector's_Edition-Nvidia_Title_Corruption.jpg
Views: 2471
Size:  109.6 KB

i know they've both been released 100 times in various ways, but i want to play the gamecube versions.

i'm just wondering if it's possible to do so yet.

thanks
    Don't use the Direct X backend.. or buy a Wii, hack it and play it from a USB HDD and an actual GameCube controller instead of emulating it on a PC as you may as well just play the original NES version or even the GC version ripped from the collectors disc via a NES emulator (NES emulaton is just broken in the Dolphin emulator using the Direct X backend, that is an emulator issue not a disc image issue)
    or go for the Wii Virtual Console versions that are the same as the GC versions

The following are from the GameCube Zelda Collectors disc & the Animal Crossing game disc all in NES format
    These are from the NES No-Intro set or you can just rip them, out yourself
    Zelda II - The Adventure of Link (USA) (GameCube Edition)
    Legend of Zelda, The (USA) (Rev A) (GameCube Edition)
    Legend of Zelda, The (USA) (Rev B) (GameCube Edition)

A Wii is well worth buying especially one with GameCube ports
    You can play
    GameCube
    Wii
    WiiWare
    Wii VC various systems NES SNES N64 Mastersystem Megadrive/Genesis MSX Arcade (Might of missed some systems there)
    Homebrew including emulators of older systems even better that the few light gun games on the older systems can be played via WiiMote on modern TV's, something that the original consoles can not do now (NES Mastersystem SNES Megadrive/Genesis GBA ect..)

All of that can be played via a USB HDD

P.P.S. the difference between the Teikyou Charumera release and the regular version is none, the game data is exactly the same, the only difference is the sticker on the floppy (packaging ect), so the dump of that is exactly the same as the dump from the original Zelda no Densetsu - The Hyrule Fantasy for the Nintendo - Family Computer Disk System, that at a guess you have played before anyway

So it is not that it has not been dumped it is just that it is not a different version data wise, just a sticker that is different so the normal dump is the same as the Teikyou Charumera dump, the actual thing itself is very cool for the physical set but at the end of the day the game has no differences at all

There is a beta version that might have some differences (original Family Computer Disk System beta) and the later GC and Wii Virtual Console versions have slight text changes

Nothing of great interest as far as those go though, easy enough to find

I am sure there are plenty of un-dumped things around though, new dumps get done all the time

Golden Axe Warrior for the Mastersystem may be of interest though that is a basic rip off of Zelda with a Golden Axe story, I enjoyed that more than Zelda NES/FDS, just a shame they did not take it as far as Zelda is today with new adventures ect
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-March-2017 at 13:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the reply.

I thought I saw that the noodle one had different sprites or something, but i'll take your word on it.

for the gamecube version i switched to OpenGL, in Dolphin 5.0, and the graphics aren't garbage like that picture, but they're scrunched into half the screen no matter what i try. weird. i've been reading that NES on Dolphin is just a mess any way you slice it. aw well