Thread: Leap Frog (19xx)(IJK)[LEAPFRO start] [SSD]

Thanks

Default Leap Frog (19xx)(IJK)[LEAPFRO start] [SSD]

Hi all,

So I downloaded the no intro Leapfrog rom sets. I then searched around in the forums for the correct emulator. The only thing I could find is: Leap Frog (19xx)(IJK)[LEAPFRO start] [SSD] (https://www.emuparadise.me/Acorn_BBC...rog_(19xx)(IJK)[LEAPFRO_start]_[SSD]/122576-download)

So, three part question: Is this an emulator? Is it the right emulator? The extension is ssd, how and where would I open?

The roms are in .zip format, .bin when unzipped.

It doesn't seem like there is much activity on this system or games. Rightfully so, it's for toddlers. I'm sure there isn't much demand for it. You have a set of roms for it though, so I'm assuming there's an emulator. Basically I'm trying to get it setup for my 4 year old daughter.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

BeebEM

Run the disc
    type LOAD "LEAPFRO" hit enbter
    type RUN hit enter
    Press Y/N for instructions (I would type Y) you will hate the controls (strongly recommend using a pad with Joy2keys or other key mapping software)
    Press 0 to 6 to start

[ZX left right ?* down up are the controls but on a BBC keyboard the * was above the ? but on a UK PC keyboard it's the @ symbol instead]

Frogger is on tons of platfoms though named different things
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-March-2017 at 18:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    BeebEM

Run the disc
    type LOAD "LEAPFRO" hit enbter
    type RUN hit enter
    Press Y/N for instructions (I would type Y) you will hate the controls (strongly recommend using a pad with Joy2keys or other key mapping software)
    Press 0 to 6 to start

[ZX left right ?* down up are the controls but on a BBC keyboard the * was above the ? but on a UK PC keyboard it's the @ symbol instead]

Frogger is on tons of platfoms though named different things
    Thanks for the reply. After a lot of reading this morning, I realized that I really asked a terrible question. I foud that "Leap Frog (19xx)(IJK)[LEAPFRO start] [SSD] " is actually just a rom, in and of itself. My bad!

What I'm looking for is an emulator that will play these roms: (https://www.emuparadise.me/Complete_..._Intro)/182701) -Any ideas? (Sorry about that!)
    Last edited by akr-rom; 15th-March-2017 at 22:53.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Out of luck then there is no emulator of that system for windows or any other system

There may be a way to play those on an actual Leapster handheld but not that I am aware of I know there is a Linux mod for it though, but not sure if that lets you play dumped games or not

EDIT

The Sega Pico is emulated that is another learning console for children

You would not just need rom dumps though you will also need the book scans to go with it
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-March-2017 at 13:57.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: