Thread: Super-C, Gyruss, and Shadowgate ROM trouble [Retro Bit Super Retro Trio - EverDrive N8]

Thanks

Default Super-C, Gyruss, and Shadowgate ROM trouble [Retro Bit Super Retro Trio - EverDrive N8]

Hi all. I recently bought an EverDrive-N8 and for the life of me, I cannot find a working ROM for Super-C, Shadowgate, and Gyruss for the NES. I am playing on a Retro Bit Super Retro Trio and all the other ROMs I have downloaded from Emuparadise work just fine so it's NOT the EverDrive. I even found a ROM for Castlevania III that actually plays on the Super Trio but it was a hack so maybe that is the difference. Super-C and Shadowgate give me a blank, grey screen and Gyruss gives me a jumbled mess of pixels for a title screen. I've tried ROMs from other sites, I've tried ROMs for different regions and none of them work. Does anyone know of a site where I can get ROMs for those 3 games that might work on a Super Trio? I don't think Konami put the security chip in Super-C or Gyruss but that shouldn't matter when dealing with ROMs or am I wrong about that? And Shadowgate isn't a Konami game. If anyone has any advice (other than "go out and buy a real NES") I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

I have also faced th same issue but the difference is of game. I have not faced the probpem in the games you have listed above. But whenever i have faced, i have applied three solutions to it.
    1. To re-install the thing.
    2. Restoring the settings to default.
    3. Scan your whole PC and re-window and then re-isntall the game.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by divitorobert View Post
    I have also faced th same issue but the difference is of game. I have not faced the probpem in the games you have listed above. But whenever i have faced, i have applied three solutions to it.
    1. To re-install the thing.
    2. Restoring the settings to default.
    3. Scan your whole PC and re-window and then re-isntall the game.
    OP is talking about a flash kit running on a console of sorts not PC software

It is very possible that those games are not fully supported either by the console or the flash kit

I own neither but worth checking out any sort of compat list for each device, the console thing and the flash kit I can't see it being an issue with a bad rom dump

The original Nintendo console was a tricky creature in that it works from mappers that there are tons of out there and a few none standard chips used here and there

All 3 games are supported by the N8 (though no harm in updating the OS on it, just to be sure)
    It does kind of sound like the trio console is at fault not all games are playable with it (Most are that is sure, can't seem to find a good compat list for that device though just various comments through the net)

Mappers used are common ones also Mapper 3 & 4 for those games so can't see it being a Mapper issue either
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-March-2017 at 19:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I can't seem to find a compatibility list either. What I suggest is checking the file extensions of each ROM that works and make sure that the file extansions of the non-working ROMs match. You may also try to extract the ROM if it is compressed in a zip file, for example. On occasion, I have found zips containing more than one version of a single ROM. Maybe that could cause a problem.

Thanks

I did find a working ROM for Gyruss but still no luck with Super C and Shadowgate. I bought this from StoneAge Gamer and they automatically install the latest OS system before shipping the EverDrive so the OS should be good. I have tried downloading the ROM multiple times, even tried different regions of the 2 games with no luck. I am still shocked that someone hacked Castlevania III to work on a clone console, I thought Castlevania III would never work before Super C and Shadowgate, LOL. I have a local retro-game store where I live so I might have to just go there and buy the actual cartridges. Thanks though.

I thought about it being the file extension too but the extensions of all of the different ROMs I have tried on different websites matches all of the working ROMs I have. When you "open" the ROM through Emuparadise it automatically unzips the ROM and you're just left with the game ROM that I just drag and drop to the SD card. I'll try "saving" the Zipped file to my computer and open it up to see if there are multiple versions of the game in the same Zip file. Sounds like a longshot but worth a try. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-March-2017 at 16:20. Reason: No double posting pleae

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Check your roms vs the info no-intro give

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. If you open a zip with 7-zip it has the CRC info shown (I included the info for Gyruss so you can check the working one)

I did have a full No-intro set unfortunately I lost all my NES SNES N64 GB GBA NDS roms in one go the external HDD was dropped and died that they had been stored on :/

Saying that those roms are not hard to find either though full sets can be found at https://www.emuparadise.me/Complete_...ting-With-N/37 though some of the sets may be a little out of date as no-intro does have updates all the time

Good tool sets mark known good dumps with [!] but keeps all bad dumps hacks and tons of other pointless junk
    No-Intro set just keeps good dumps
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-March-2017 at 16:40.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR