Thread: PSX2PSP: Games are all in USA? [RetroPie]

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSX2PSP: Games are all in USA? [RetroPie]

I live in Europe, UK and it makes sense to play games on the RetroPie console. But every PSX2PSP game is all in the US. RetroArch has a feature to change regions, does that work to change regions?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I wouldn't use PSX2PSP games in your situation. Use PSOne classics (PSN versions for PSP) if you really want to, but I would just use PSX dumps with a PSX emulator.

No point emulating a system within another emulated system.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

RetroArch is not region locked and neither is the PSP

A PSP plays all regions no matter the region of the PSP hardware

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    RetroArch is not region locked and neither is the PSP

A PSP plays all regions no matter the region of the PSP hardware
    I tried changing the region on RetroArch, it's automatically set to Auto, but when I tried to put it to PAL, the "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents" logo still said America on it. Plus I doubt its PAL.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by allanbuzzy View Post
    I tried changing the region on RetroArch, it's automatically set to Auto, but when I tried to put it to PAL, the "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents" logo still said America on it. Plus I doubt its PAL.
    All of the PSX2PSP uploads are custom made by users on the forum. If they choose to convert the NTSCU versions, then that fine.

Again, there is no reason to play eboots on an emulator. Download the pal versions of an un modified PSX game.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by allanbuzzy View Post
    And your point is?

Sorry I don't see any issues, there is no reason to patch anything for the PSX2PSP games for PSP, providing they are done correctly to start with (No region protection hence no reason to patch it)

P.S. you can't change the Licence screen by the way even if it just change the framerate

As there is no region protection there is no reason to region patch at all though the PSP is not region locked, Retroarch is not region locked and as stated just play PSX games with a PSX core/emulator, unless you are wanting to use a real PSP then that is a different story but again no region protection so no need to patch anything

If you realy wanted to region patch though you do that before it is converted to an eboot

It is a realy bad idea to patch the video mode though as forcing 50 Hz on a 60 Hz game and vice versa will make a lot of games run out of sync and eventually crash out, some it just breaks them totally making them totally unplayable

To sum it all up

RetroPie has no region protection you can play all region games PAL-E NTSC-U NTSC-J will all play fine

Play PSX games via the PSX cores they will run smoother that way do not run PSX2PSP converts

Do not force PAL display modes, unless you want to break the game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-March-2017 at 19:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Look, what I'm trying to say here is that sometimes PSX games in different regions can be edited, either due to regulations or that of inappropriate in some countries. For example, UmJammer Lammy, there is a time where Lammy gets mistaken for being apart of another band, that is in the American version, in the European version, Lammy goes to HELL. (no joke, look it up)

See what I mean? PSX games are different (sometimes) in different countries. It's just that all of the PSX2PSP roms are all from USA. Where's the Japan and Europe regions?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That is something totally different and finally the real reason

The programming will never change from NTSC version to the PAL version from any sort of region patching

region patching will only change the boot code or the display mode and that is all, the programming differences between regional releases will not change if you change the boot region or display

like we keep saying just go for the PSX disc images directly instead of PSX2PSP converts or make your own from PSX2PSP converts from PSX disc images

https://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/2 PSX disc images NTSC U, PAL E and NTSC J
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...03#post1187003 guide to extract those if they are in ECM and APE formats a number of those are

PSX2PSP 1.4 is a basic program to convert them PSX images into PSP eboots it converts them to what you have been complaining are only in NTSC

I hope you are not using PSP emulation if you are you do know that some games have problems running from PSP partly because of the internal PSX emulation of the PSP and partly due to the lack of control options vs an actual PSX, no analog and no L2, L3, R2 or R3, so make sure you use the PSX core emulation
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-March-2017 at 04:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]