Thread: noob psp go please help me

Thanks

Exclamation noob psp go please help me

hello noob here i own a psp and a vita but i've never jailbroke them

okay so i have just bought tonight a psp go on firmware 6.61

it has a lot of emulator files but most say are corrupt and won't play and most of the ones that work
    play the start screen mirrored

can anyone help me please how do i wipe it and start afresh to do a clean install with custom firmware so i can downloand emulators and roms please

where do i start to find the files needed

can anyone walk me through this please there are loads of games i am dying to play !!

thought here would be the best place to ask , i have watched a few youtube vids but some of the ones i watched havnt even work so i thought ask the experts

many thanks
    X Doobige x

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OK no one posting here

I'm not a PSP Go owner myself

I have an older PSP so I was not going to reply

The PSP Go uses different update files than any other PSP and is limited to space available on the actual system

6.60 is overall the best firmware to be on, 6.61 was basically a way to stop homebrew and pirated games though it did not take long for it to be cracked

To Downgrade you will want Chronoswitch 7.0 or higher and the firmware for 6.60

I have the PSP firmware for Go at https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?90067

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

The annoying thing about Go is that you are forced to use m2 cards. Last time I had a look around m2 cards were still expensive and I think I've only seen 16GB max.
    Maybe things have changed idk But I'd be surprised if the cards got cheaper, usually old stuff like that gets more expensive.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    The annoying thing about Go is that you are forced to use m2 cards. Last time I had a look around m2 cards were still expensive and I think I've only seen 16GB max.
    Maybe things have changed idk But I'd be surprised if the cards got cheaper, usually old stuff like that gets more expensive.
    There you go I forgot they supported memcards at all, M2 cards from a very quick look only go up to 8GB sony ones are about £70 though with those you can get other brands, the only good thing about it is you have 16GB internal memory on top of the M2 card though that is shared with the system files also so will be a little under the full 16GB (not that any 16GB storage is actually 16GB in the first place)

Anyway for CFW you want either
    6.60 Pro C with Fix 3 Applied (comes as one package so no need to get Pro C then Fix 3 after, just get Fix 3) [Pro C-2 breaks PSone Classic support so just avoid that version]
    6.60 LME 2.3

Up to you what you use

Both should just be copy over and run the installer (from what I remember though those are not perm hacks for Go users, but from what others say that is not a problem as it takes no time to reactivate the mod after a reboot)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-March-2017 at 15:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR