Thread: iso help (ECM/BIN/CUE problem)

Thanks

Unhappy iso help (ECM/BIN/CUE problem)

Hello Everyone,
    I'm trying to fix the sound on games like Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2. I'm trying to combine my .bin file, and .cue file into one .iso or .bin image, but my programs won't allow it. Tried a few different ISO programs with no luck, they all have a data limit 300-700mb. Tried Isobuster, PowerISO, WinISO.

Any help would be awesome.. this is confusing, and I feel like I'm getting there despite this mb limit on bin+cue images.. All the videos online just wiz right through it with no mb limits.. What can I do? What does ECM tools really do?.. Someone clear it up for me and explain for me and all the other noobs on here racking their brain.. thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Always have a look at the pinned threads in the forums before creating a new thread. There's a ECM/APE/CUE guide by Zorlon here:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Converting bin/cue to iso will not fix sound issues, it can create them. Don't convert to iso.

Spoiler warning:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PowerISO & WinISO both will corrupt XA headers used with most PSX games when used to convert CD image formats (XA systems are used for both FMV file and Sound files, typical format but not exclusive to are *.xa for sound and *.str for movies, but container files that have those formats embedded in them also use the XA header)

ISObuster would work fine if used correctly (just use the link Cookie Monster gave) also it has no data limit for CD disc images, not sure where your getting that from, just follow the guide start to end and do not skip anything

P.S. ISO just means a Disc image File but it does not directly refer to the file format *.iso though that yes is a type of ISO but so is every other type of Disc Image File

*.iso format can not store CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) tracks inside the *.iso file that a lot of PSX games use, actually most systems PSX and older used CDDA tracks, DVD systems do not
    *.iso format does not support Mixed Mode CD's

*.iso as a file format is best used for DVD Image Files

For CD's though you are recommended to use a format that can store both data and audio at the same time what is known as a Mixed Mode CD so not just data and not just cdda most of those formats require require a descriptor file like a cue sheet that will tell the software reading it what tracks are inside the binary file (binary files are not just *.bin format again many different formats are just binary data, e.g. ccd+img format the cdd file is the descriptor file and the *.img file is the binary data file)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-March-2017 at 19:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's not my computer or sound drivers.. I got it working now thanks.. just a noob at psx games.. Tony Hawk's plays like a champ. Mult-Track/Bins I may have questions in future. Thanks everyone.