Hi there, just thought I'd start off by apologising if this thread is in the wrong place - I've been tip-toeing around these forums for about a year but only now have I decided to get myself involved with the community.

I have a softmodded PlayStation 2 Slim model SCPH - 7XXXX, circa 2004. I used the James Bond 007 Agent Underfire method of installing FreeMcBoot (ver 1.8) to my memory card and I use ESR to play my backup PS2 copies, which works great! I just have some questions about ESR and the compatibility of PSX games. I am aware that PSX games were not compatible with ESR but I was just wondering if there has been any release of the software since 2008/2009, as that is the only version I have managed to find on my searches. This question is purely out of curiosity as I have found that cogswapping works great for me.

In a nutshell, what I'm really asking is, will there ever be/has there been a version of ESR released that will support PSX games? As far as I know, ESR has since been discontinued and no versions have been released since 2008.

Also - what else can I do with ESR? Does it have the ability to execute PS2 compatible software titles? Or is it only capable of games? If I can use it to run other things, would you be ever so kind as to give me a short list of titles I can run and what they do?

This might seem like a pretty useless post but I've been using a softmodded PS2 for a while now and I just want to know what I can do to get the most out of my system.

Thanks so much for your time.