Thread: Some Questions On ESR (PlayStation 2)

Thanks

Default Some Questions On ESR (PlayStation 2)

Hi there, just thought I'd start off by apologising if this thread is in the wrong place - I've been tip-toeing around these forums for about a year but only now have I decided to get myself involved with the community.

I have a softmodded PlayStation 2 Slim model SCPH - 7XXXX, circa 2004. I used the James Bond 007 Agent Underfire method of installing FreeMcBoot (ver 1.8) to my memory card and I use ESR to play my backup PS2 copies, which works great! I just have some questions about ESR and the compatibility of PSX games. I am aware that PSX games were not compatible with ESR but I was just wondering if there has been any release of the software since 2008/2009, as that is the only version I have managed to find on my searches. This question is purely out of curiosity as I have found that cogswapping works great for me.

In a nutshell, what I'm really asking is, will there ever be/has there been a version of ESR released that will support PSX games? As far as I know, ESR has since been discontinued and no versions have been released since 2008.

Also - what else can I do with ESR? Does it have the ability to execute PS2 compatible software titles? Or is it only capable of games? If I can use it to run other things, would you be ever so kind as to give me a short list of titles I can run and what they do?

This might seem like a pretty useless post but I've been using a softmodded PS2 for a while now and I just want to know what I can do to get the most out of my system.

Thanks so much for your time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

ESR is only for DVD, you can't even use it for PS2 CD based games unless they can be converted to DVD first.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Tee