Thread: Run ePSXe2.0 on Sony smart tv

Thanks

Default Run ePSXe2.0 on Sony smart tv

Thanks for the add.....

Can someone please give me detailed instructions (a link to a video would be great) on how to get ePSXe and a N64 emulator to run on my sony tv. Ive installed ePSXe2.0 and a few N64 SNES emulators to the tv via the playstore. I think ive downloaded the relevant "stuff" and some games to a usb stick. I just cant bring it all together and make it work. Ive seen a video on youtube of a guy running it on his tv but theres no instructions so ive followed several different methods of people installing it on android devices and now im totally lost. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    EP Points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCxM6qMXfow

btw what is plugin for this emulator? The one I'm using is libopenglpluginv7.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to divitorobert For This Useful Post:

Thanks

whats the difference between bios and roms? not sure what plugin. at what stage should i download/install it ill need to have another look. im a total novice at all this, I may be out of my depth lol

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Roms are Read Only Memory chips (Rom files are dumps of those chips) for games those are dumps from cartridges
    Bios is in basic terms is a simple operating system, the Bios is also stored in a rom chip inside the PSX so is also a rom
    Playstaion plays CD games not cartridge games, so there are not roms
    CD dumps are CD images best stored in mixed mode format files like bin+cue or img+ccd, they are sometimes refuted to as ISO files but *.iso format is not a mixed mode so best to avoid that file format

Plugins I assume ePSXe andoid ports would have those included

Get the bios now and make sure ePSXe looks for the correct file

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the advice mate.
    TBH i think im totally out my depth. I dont really know where to start. ive got the espxe app on the tv and downloaded what i think i need on to a USB stick but as far as moving folders about and making sure the right things are in the right folders and making sure the tv knows where to look for it, I'm totally lost. I really need a step by step video on youtube that covers seting it up on the tv and not an android tablet or tv box.

or better yet someone on here to give me a step by step walk through HINT HINT

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What file/s do you have for the game/s?

It is very possible that you have
    an archive file (zip or rar) that will need to be extracted first before you can use it (7-zip via a PC is the best way to do that)
    if once extracted you have an ecm file or ecm & ape files those will need to be converted correctly via a PC first before they are usable (ECM & APE guide)

What you want are Bin+Cue or Img+Ccd files

As far as setting up files and folders, it's the ePSXe options you want be looking at not your TV's setup
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-March-2017 at 09:41.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime81 View Post
    Thanks for the advice mate.
    TBH i think im totally out my depth. I dont really know where to start. ive got the espxe app on the tv and downloaded what i think i need on to a USB stick but as far as moving folders about and making sure the right things are in the right folders and making sure the tv knows where to look for it, I'm totally lost. I really need a step by step video on youtube that covers seting it up on the tv and not an android tablet or tv box.

or better yet someone on here to give me a step by step walk through HINT HINT
    It shouldn't be too much different to a tablet or phone. I'm guessing you don't have a touchscreen or SD card slot though, those are the only things I can think of that would be different.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Still struggling with this guys

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Millertime81 View Post
    Still struggling with this guys
    Please give the details that had been asked for

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]