Thread: ePSXe problem, can't load game saves/save states

Thanks

Default ePSXe problem, can't load game saves/save states

I hope someone has already had this problem and can help. I've been playing Final Fantasy IX and Legend of Dragoon on my tablet on ePSXe. My girlfriend got me a 128gb mini sd card for my birthday a couple days ago so I could download a lot more games on it as I had maxed out my storage already. Well, I plugged in it, formatted it and everything, and then moved the games and the ePSXe app over to it.

Well now it will not load my game saves on either game. The save states do not show up at all but when I look through the files they are there. I ran the bios only so I could look through the memory cards and it showed all my saves on the memory card, was even able to copy them to the second memory card, but still no look on the games detecting them.

Has anyone else ever had this issue? I really don't understand what I did wrong by just moving the app and games over to the SD card and how that could have made it to where the games no longer detect the game saves or detect the save states. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

please check your memory card and Use browse button and select the mcr file, then click OK.

Thanks

The right memory card is selected. I can run bios and see my saves on it.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Check the settings and make sure auto load save states is disabled or any other save state related settings

Remove all the save states (Just move them if you want to keep them for any reason), keep the memcard images

Try again

Chances are that when you are loading the game a save state is being auto loaded that does not attach the memcard images you wish to use

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

OK I looked through settings and don't see any for save states other than uploading and downloading save states to hub or something.

I have noticed something odd though. The save files I cannot load or be found are for the games Legend of Dragoon and Final fantasy IX, I'm playing through Final Fantasy VIII now and saving on same card. Only the saves for FFVIII work. Yet when I just launch the bios and get to the Playstation open tray menu, when I got to look at the memory cards, all my saves for Legend of Dragoon and Final Fantasy IX show up but not the ones for FFVIII. I'm not sure why this is.

I will move my save states for the two games that aren't working into another file to see if that works for them.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OK finding this hard without seeing your files and folders myself (If this was on anything in front of me it does not take long to fix) but sounds like another memcard image is on your system that is being read by the game that is not the same as what is being read by the bios

If this is all stored on a micro SD then put that in a PC open the drive letter for the Micro SD and hit Ctrl + F and type *.mcr and tap enter that will look through all the files and folders for files ending in .mcr

P.S. I am not 100% sure what the file extension is for memcards in ePSXe for android mind

Use a PSX memcard manager for PC and move the contents from one memcard image to the other

at a guess though the bios is looking in one place and the games are looking in another

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR