Thread: Graphics problem with NullDC and Ready 2 Rumble

Thanks

Default Graphics problem with NullDC and Ready 2 Rumble

I installed NullDC and it seems to work just fine, but I tried running my first ISO on it and even though it seems to run at a good frame rate, it still seems to have a graphical glitch in it. What is this RDC graphic that flickers on the right side? It seems to flicker the whole time the game is running. Is that a glitch? Is there a way to get it out of the way?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You may not have the latest version of NullDC (The version on the official site is slightly out of date)

That being said NullDC was overtaken by DEmul and that intern was overtaken by Retroarch using the Raicast core

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Don't like DEmul one bit. It requires you to be tech savvy. It doesn't run at all. It's asking for a file I've never heard of.

Hmm...RetroArch is so much more user-friendly than DEmul. The interface is very similar to the PS3's, but I find it clumsier. Anyway, it offers cores for a bunch of different game systems, but I don't see any for Sega Dreamcast. I was pretty sure they added Dreamcast emulation as a feature (and Zorlon mentioned it earlier as an alternative to nullDC). Do they only offer it on certain platforms? They don't have a help page on the website or a forum to complain on, as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 6th-March-2017 at 01:45. Reason: no double posting please

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you gave any sort of details to work on I could of gotten DEmul working just fine, it's not a hard emulator to use or even just update NullDC (Video driver may need tweaking)

Not all cores are on all systems no, think it's just the 64bit version that reicast is included and if your system is not that good then that will just run slow anyway

https://www.libretro.com/ is the official site includes a forum as well as Wiki and plenty of other places to look for information

Some of the downloads are just the main engine that does not include all the cores ready, just take note of the file size, usually it's the one that is just named RetroArch.7z

For windows only the x86_64 versions do include Reicast but you do need to provide the correct bios files to go with it Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. If you have a low end system then it may be more obtainable to go for the PSX version instead

Dreamcast emulation is almost on par with PS2 and GameCube/Wii emulation
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-March-2017 at 10:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I contest the claim that DEmul doesn't require tech savvy. Anyway, I have both the BiOS and DirectX, so that doesn't really help me. I'll see what they have to say on the RetroArch website. Thanks for trying. In any case, common sense and personal experience tell me that the newer the console you're trying to emulate, the buggier and less user-friendly the emulators tend to be. In some sense, it seems like Dreamcast emulation, libretro or otherwise, is just "too new" in a sense.

Oh, my, I think I actually got DEmul to work! I should be all set now. If not, I'm coming back. So you can close this thread, I guess. All right...I'm sure I've gotten pretty rusty at the game since I got to play it on an actual Dreamcast. Good times.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 7th-March-2017 at 04:25. Reason: merged posts

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I use an actual console still the best way to play Dreamcat

My Dreamcast is a little special

Most Dreamcasts can play CD-R burned games as long as they are Mil-CD aka Selfbootable or through the use of Utopia a lot of games can be standard CD format as well for the most part this works just fine, some games may lag due to reading issues from CD-R but most work flawless this is not the issue the iossue is more from the system noise when reading CD-R media in general, I went one better and replaced my GD-Rom drive with a USB board allowing me to use USB storage directly instead of having to burn anything and saves the need to use rips as I can just use full GD-Rom dumps as well as cdi rips for the later released that came on CD rather than GD

I also have a standard VGA switched adaptor, so nice 480p display and a slow SD adaptor, used mostly for backing up saves so does not need to be fast

I have your standard Dreamcast conrollers, a Fishing Rod, a Wheel, Light Guns though can't use then with my current TV, Keyboard, Mouse and a Microphone

The Dreamcast also has a host of emulators for it asides from it's own games even a couple of emulated PSX games so yeah it is one the higher end systems that makes it difficult to emulate smoothly, both NullDC and DEmul do a great job but neither is perfect and neither are able to run all Dreamcast games

After the Dreamcast died out games still got deved for the system and still do today, also a number of Dreamcast games did get re-released on PS2 Xbox and GameCube, some with added contents or effect some just directly ported

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

i don't know it's work or not but watch carefully then try hope work it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KvW6CnpdTM

Thanks
    EP Points

Buy a dreamcast cheap online and burn games or get an SD card reader kit from aliexpress you get a cd-r with SD card booter and a attachment for the Dreamcast you need to supply the SD card and reader

i'd use a 512gb sd card to hold lots of games

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

SD card readers are just too slow for most games to run smoothly

The data port used is just slow

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]