Thread: amiga emulation help

Thanks

Default amiga emulation help

i just downloaded winfellow and the commodore amiga rom packs 1 and 2 but cant seem to load the games. when i extract the game files they dont show in winfellow when i browse to load game etc

any help appreciated

Thanks
    EP Points

try with this video if not help than i find more solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VNsisdSJNI

Thanks

thanks watching now, il post with my outcome

ok so watched video and set up as per video. got some games to run and some not to run but il mess around with it.
    thanks
    Last edited by deadlegion; 7th-March-2017 at 00:29. Reason: merged posts

Thanks

Might seem a bit of a strange question but i cannot find where to download the kickstarts on Tosec.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm an Amiga enthusiast. Here are a few tips.

1. Don't use WinFellow. Use WinUAE or FS-UAE instead.

2. You don't download the Kickstarts. They can still be bought legally. Look up "Amiga Forever".

...okay. Maybe you don't want to buy them. I understand that. You can download them. However, keep in mind that there are a many different versions of the kickstarts. I seriously consider buying Amiga Forever to be easier than trying to find all the necessary kickstarts and workbench files. Amiga Forever also comes bundled with emulation software for the Amiga, so it'll probably be easier for you to just buy Amiga Forever than to try and figure all the complexities of Amiga emulation yourself.

If you're really dead set on not buying anything, I'll be willing to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks

I just want to be able to consistently play some of the classics from start to finish again, being able to save etc. Tried previously but also had trouble with finding working kickstarts. (not sure if i am willing to purchase them so early on)

Thanks
    EP Points

In that case, let me recommend WHDLoad and ClassicWB. If you can get the right workbench and kickstart files, it should be pretty easy to set up.

There's a FTP server (that I can't link to thanks to forum rules) that has ALL Amiga games in WHDLoad format. Google "Updated WHDLoad Demos/Games pack."

Thanks
    EP Points

Neat. I'll have to check that out.

I've only been an Amiga fan since 2016, when I started getting into Amiga emulation. Aside from Amiga Forever and an AmigaOS 4.1 installation disc, I don't own any Amiga hardware, mainly because I live in the US, where the Amiga never really caught on.

And that's a darned shame, because I really think the Amiga is a beautiful computer. Both aesthetically and from a hardware and software perspective. I often wish that it was Commodore that Microsoft saved from financial ruin and not Apple.

Thanks

Thanks, ill take a look into it. I am gathering this will take me a while to setup but i am looking forward to playing Flashback.