Thread: ISO creation on a Mac is a nightmare

Thanks

Default ISO creation on a Mac is a nightmare

Greetings and salutations.

Under my current circumstances, my only system is my hard modded classic xbox and an 8 year old macbook pro running El Capitain. Essentially, I'm trying to find a way to create an ISO once I've decompressed the files and end up with the folder so I can burn it. I only have a stock 8GB HDD in it so going the FTP route is kind of out of the question. I've been all over google trying to find software for a mac to make an xiso file and the only thing I came up with was a command line program (which I haven't used command line since I was like 6 and had windows 3.1 and qbasic) and the only commands I can find are just for extracting ISOs though the program boasts xiso creation capabilities.

Any suggestions or even a point in the right direction (outside of the usual "GET A PC" "USE BOOT CAMP" because my computer literally overheats and shuts off after about half an hour of use and then I have to put it in the fridge for about half an hour so trying to do an OS install would be a total disaster) would be appreciated more than you can know!

Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Does wine work on that mac you have?
    You really need to use a windows program like qwix to rebuild xbox iso, it shouldn't be that resource heavy as it works on old low spec computers running XP.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Dunno, but I'll certainly try it out when I get home from work.