Thread: Multiple .BIN to Eboot question!

Thanks

Default Multiple .BIN to Eboot question!

I couldn't quite seem to find the right answer to my question anywhere and most threads I've found with any info at all are locked or outdated to a point where I'm unsure if the information is 100% accurate.

I got to the party late and installed my CFW last night (PSP3000 running 6.61OFW), started getting some games set up with my custom icons and what have you - but then I got to two games with multiple tracks. I looked up how to handle those and found all sorts of conflicting information, so I just went with my gut and loaded the parts into PSX2PSP and made my Eboot. I read that there will be sound issues doing so without creating a SINGLE .BIN by loading the files together with the .CUE, but so far I seem to have no issues whatsoever. I haven't progressed further than the intro to both games (Tactics Ogre LUCT & Tales of Destiny), but is it entirely necessary to load the files for a single .BIN? If so I'll do that before I actually jump into the games - as of now I'm hesitant.

Apologies for the long winded paragraph, but the PSP scene is fairly new to me and I don't want to make any mistakes!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?57757 locked yes (and will remain that way) outdated nope, same method applies, it's only for converting to a single Bin+Cue

A single bin is needed from what I remember (I could be mistaken I mostly use official PSone Classics and has been some time since I look at PSX2PSP), the rest are CDDA tracks that is normally music

The above applies to most things but not everything, if no music works even with the cdda enabler plugin then it only converted the data track you can also tell be reversing the process and converting an eboot back into a bin+cue image and checking the cue sheet has all the tracks listed of just the first data track (cue sheet files are just text files notepad will do for those)

Some games do operate without there CDDA tracks but others do not and not all CDDA is used for music, so any issues may not be noticed at first
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-February-2017 at 19:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Alright - my confusion came from the fact that the .CUE doesn't seem to be used to create the Eboot, only the .BIN. Figured if it isn't necessary for single track titles then the same would be true for all of them. Unless I'm misunderstanding something there as well? I appreciate the quick response!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the cue is read by PSX2PSP but must share the same name as the bin file you open with it directly (I know it is kinda backward but that is just the way it works)

6.60 may be a better FW to be on but you can cross that if you have later issues, no point in going into that if everything work the way it is (No point in fixing something if it is not broke)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I had assumed it may cross-check but I couldn't be sure, and didn't see it explicitly written anywhere. No harm done, however - I've got everything prepared and am going to redo the Eboots now, make sure everything checks out. Appreciate it once again, you're too kind!

EDIT: Games check out to the same point as before, so I'm going to assume I've avoided any future issues now. Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Zanryu99; 25th-February-2017 at 20:13.