Thread: pcsx2 1.2.1 tales of the abyss freezing

I dont know where, I just woke up, an island maybe?
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default pcsx2 1.2.1 tales of the abyss freezing

HI all, Ive been playing tales of the abyss on pcsx2 1.2.1, it runs full speed and flawless until I get to furbas river, and then it freezes after random battles showing the usual black screen with no audio.
    I am running it through wine on linux mint 18.1, (I have no issues with any other games though), lowering speedhacks seems to lower the chance of it freezing but still doesn't stop it from happening,
    any help would be much appreciated thanx in advance guys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot at 2017-02-21 16-52-57.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	51269
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot at 2017-02-21 16-53-17.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	51270

2008 lenovo thinkpad T61P
    intel centrino vPro 2.4 GHZ (dual core)
    Quadro FX 570M (256 MB)
    RAM 4 GB

Thanks
    EP Points

Try turning the Clamping mode to none. Also, this may be a ghost effect which occurs if you set a resolution that's higher than the game's native resolution, a "ghost" effect will occur.
    Workaround:
    A patched GSdx has been made available to fix this issue. After you set this version of GSdx as your active plugin, you have to tick "Enable HW Hacks" under GSdx options, and then enable the "ToA Ghost Fix" hack. Use Native Scaling (x2, x3, etc.) or higher. Don't use custom resolutions or the patch will not work. You can find the patched GSdx here. (Latest GSdx version of the patch was compiled on May 05, 2015 and is currently available for SSE2, SSSE3, SSE4, and AVX2. Other versions or newer versions in the future can be requested.)
    Minor note: The patch causes a 1px border on the left and top side of the screen. This is caused by the offset hack and can't be avoided unfortunately. Compared to the ghosting though it's a very minor issue and still makes it worth using.