Thread: WMA's specific folder on the XBMC

Thanks
    EP Points

Default WMA's specific folder on the XBMC

I have this great modded XBOX but I can't acess the XBOX's original dashboard and therefore I cannot make WMAs from music CDs, therefore the only option left is to FTP WMAs directly into the XBOX, however I do not know where do the WMAs go so the XBOX can recognize them as soundtracks so ... in which folder do they go?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Eeeeh, there seems to be a problem there. I searched for that specific folder in the XBMC but I couldn't find it, there's the TDATA and UDATA folders but I was told that If I move the WMA files there I could mess up the XBOX or something

Thanks
    EP Points

Not many games can use external music anyway so I'm not sure what you're trying to do. In fact even if you work out where to move your audio files I don't think you will able to use it the way you want.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Not many games can use external music anyway so I'm not sure what you're trying to do. In fact even if you work out where to move your audio files I don't think you will able to use it the way you want.
    What I'm trying to do is to play my music while playing my GTA games (and other games that can use XBOX soundtracks), but since I already stated that I cannot get to the XBOX's original dashboard therefore I cannot turn my tracks or any other sort of media file directly into WMAs, so what I wanted was an alternative way of doing so ... but it seems that it's flat out impossible

Thanks
    EP Points

It isn't impossible but I suspect it isn't as simple as converting to wma then dumping the files in the correct folder. From what I've read TDATA\FFFE0000 should be right, no idea about what you said about messing up the Xbox...unless you mean messing up a softmod some how? Personally I haven't been near a softmod in years.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The original xbox dash should still be there and should still be bootable either from XBMC programs under a custom path or set into the rest options to reset to original dash, both you need to setup yourself

though this can depend on how it was hacked

It's usually C:\xboxdash.xbe or C:\default.xbe should still be bootable via XBMC

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR