Thread: Corrupted Files and Unexpected End of Archive for '"Gitaroo Man Lives!" Download

Thanks

Default Corrupted Files and Unexpected End of Archive for '"Gitaroo Man Lives!" Download

When trying to extract the Gitaroo Man Lives ISO errors keep popping up at the same point of extraction. The first is a checksum error and the second says "unexpected end of archive". I've tried re-downloading the game and also downloading other versions of the game, but they all come up with the same error. Checking the "Keep broken files" box hasn't worked either. Also, the download seemed to finish much sooner than I was expecting, so it may have just stopped downloading at a point and called it complete. This is the first time this has happened, and I have downloaded many games before, so I don't think the problem is on my end. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Which versions specifically have you tried? I've just downloaded the USA version and it extracts fine. The game is a nested archive, i.e. you extract the RAR file you've download, this in turn is a multi-part archive that needs to be extracted, you will then have your ISO file.

Try installing the latest version of WinRAR, it sometimes resolves the issues you mention.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was able to download and extract the US version without issue as well. How are you trying to download it (browser, download manager)?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I'm using google chrome.

I've tried USA, Japan, and Europe, and WinRAR is up to date, but whenever I do the extraction I end up with a file folder full of .rar files instead of a disc image. When I try to extract those .rar files it says, "Next voluume is required" and "You need to have the following volume to continue extraction:". It then begins to ask for a certain file before it can begin extraction, and it's asking for a different file each time I try. But, now that I know that works fine for you, I'll try downloading and extracting it again from a different computer when I have the chance and see if it works from there. Thank you!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 19th-February-2017 at 03:01. Reason: posts merged

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try installing SeaMonkey (based on Firefox and considerably more stable) and then installing the DownThemAll addon and see if that solves your problems. Default download managers were still pretty bad in every browser I've checked recently.

Edit: Missed your other post somehow. Follow what Jackhammer said and it should extract without any trouble.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 19th-February-2017 at 14:11.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by microninjeez View Post
    I'm using google chrome.

I've tried USA, Japan, and Europe, and WinRAR is up to date, but whenever I do the extraction I end up with a file folder full of .rar files instead of a disc image. When I try to extract those .rar files it says, "Next voluume is required" and "You need to have the following volume to continue extraction:". It then begins to ask for a certain file before it can begin extraction, and it's asking for a different file each time I try. But, now that I know that works fine for you, I'll try downloading and extracting it again from a different computer when I have the chance and see if it works from there. Thank you!
    Once you've extracted the first RAR file, you will have a folder full of RAR files. These are split archives. Right click on d-gtrml.rar and select extract here. You do not have to extract any other file, only this one, it will automatically extract all the files in the folder and leave you with an iso.