Thread: deSmuME Saved File Is Gone

Thanks

Default deSmuME Saved File Is Gone

I have Desmume 0.9.6 x64 on a Windows computer. I was recently playing Fossil Fighters (for 7 freaking hours) and saved many, many times last night. When I decided to stop I saved it again, and it even showed my save file. But today, when I just went on, my save file wasn't there. It just showed "New Game" like it would if I'd just started playing. Does anyone know how to fix this? I really was enjoying the game, and I don't want to have to start over 7 hours of work.

Lastly, it wasn't because I didn't save the file. Like I said above, I checked to make sure my file was there and saved, and it was. So is it something with Desmume or the file? Help would be greatly appreciated. (Also, I'm not real great with computers so if there's something I can do you might have to explain... haha, sorry.)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe it's because you accidentally deleted it? I'm not really sure. I've never had this experience before. But something similar happened to me, I was moving files around and I accidentally moved one of the files into an unknown folder, I found it like a week later.

If you purged your appdata folder in users for whatever reason that could have definitely deleted it. Or purging the documents folder. Those are the most common save places for emulators. Some store the saves in the residential folder where the program is. I think that's what desmume does. You should look for it in the saves folder. If it's not there you should do a search in applicable locations for the save. something like Fossile Fighters.dat
    Last edited by deadlegion; 2nd-March-2017 at 08:53. Reason: merged posts