Thread: Retropie copy roms from usb stick

Thanks

Default Retropie copy roms from usb stick

Hi i am following the guides in order to copy automatically my mame roms into the retropie:

USB stick

(ensure that your USB is formatted to FAT32)
    first create a folder called retropie on your USB stick
    plug it into the pi and wait for it to finish blinking
    pull the USB out and plug it into a computer
    add the roms to their respective folders (in the retropie/roms folder)
    plug it back into the raspberry pi
    wait for it to finish blinking
    refresh emulationstation by pressing F4, or choosing quit from the start menu

My problem is that i am not able to get it work, i mean, it does not start the copy. I've created this path in my usb: F:\retropie\roms\mame-mame4all because i want to copy only mame roms, what am i doing wrong? Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi, please, stick to one of thos two methods: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie...om-a-USB-drive

IMO, the newest one is better but you don't know when the file structure is fuly copied to the USB, so I do this copy manually. Believe me: it does work. I have beeing testing this little machine during the last 2 months so I will be able to help.

Thanks

I am new to this ROM downloading world and could use some help. I have a retropie coming to me and I wanted to download some games. I am not sure if I did it correctly as all I get is a white paper looking thing and then saying to what to open it with. Any help would be appreciated.