Thread: Anyone know how to get Kega Fusion to fullscreen in 64bit windows 7 without crash?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Anyone know how to get Kega Fusion to fullscreen in 64bit windows 7 without crash?

Hi I have a 64bit windows 7 setup. I can run the Kega Fusion 3.64 emulator, as a little window on my desktop but no matter what my settings are as soon as I attempt to go Fulll Screen I get:

"Fusion.exe has stopped working."

Digging in event viewer shows an "Access Violation (0xc00000005)" as the issue and taking ownership of the files, granting permissions to all the files, adding the emulator as an exception in D.E.P., running as admin and even XP compatibility mode yields no help. This emulator is insta-crashing on every attempt of Full Screen on my system and I just can't get it working except in a small window.

Last time I could use this emulator in full screen was many years ago, when I had 32bit Windows XP.

I am only guessing here but I think it may be an issue with direct draw?

Any help would be vastly appreciated.

PC Specs:

Power: Abtec 600w PSU.
    Mobo: ASUS Z97-k Motherboard.
    Boot Drive: Kingston HyperX Fury SSD 120Gb.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k with Noctua NH-L12 Air cooler.
    Memory: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 DDR3 RAM (Downclocked to 1866 for stability, due to voltage issues).
    Graphics: Gigabyte Extreme Gaming GTX1080 OC with WaterForce Liquid cooler.
    Display: ASUS VG278 120Hz 3D Monitor with Nvidia 3D Vision 2(tm).
    Storage: Nearly 18tb of storage in 4x Internal + 2x External HDD's.
    Network: ASUS RT-AC68U paired with ASUS PCE-AC68U wifi card on 5Ghz AC1900 WiFi.
    Audio: Creative Sound Blaster Zx with Logitech Z906 THX certified 5.1 Surround Speakers.
    Optical: 4x LG Super-Multi-Blue Blu-Ray Player + 32x CD/DVD Player/Burner.
    Chassis: Fractal Design Define XL-R2 sound proofed Full Tower Case (Black Pearl)
    Last edited by hoover1979; 15th-February-2017 at 13:42.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have Windows 10 x64 but I will see if it crashes on me.

EDIT:

Ok. Yeah it does crash when attempting to go full screen. I remember this emulator from many years ago. It always had that problem. That's why I don't use it. I like to use BizHawk 1.11.9.1 to play Sega Genesis, All Gameboy / GBA, Sega CD, + Sega Game Gear games. It's leaps and bounds better than Kega Fusion.
    Last edited by Lagann; 18th-February-2017 at 18:05.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lagann For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Did try what zorlan said?... It's just the video setup that is the issue

Take any filters off, set everthing to Normal and it will work https://www.epforums.org/showthread....-windows-7-rig

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by killapinke View Post
    Did try what zorlan said?... It's just the video setup that is the issue

Take any filters off, set everthing to Normal and it will work https://www.epforums.org/showthread....-windows-7-rig
    Yes I did. I still get crash going to full screen. I could not reply to the other thread to say so. No matter what settings I use I get "Access Violation (0xc00000005)" appcrash when attempting fullscreen 100% of the time. the last time I got working fullscreen was back on my old 32bit XP rig all those years ago.