Thread: Mame4all on psp 1001 version 6.61 pro-c

Thanks

Default Mame4all on psp 1001 version 6.61 pro-c

Through another thread on this site I was able to download 0.375 roms for mame. I was finally able to extract the roms to my desktop. Hopefully there is someone here that has experience with mame4all on the psp? I thought these roms added to the mame4all roms subfolder under psp/games would solve the problem I'm having. Mame4all on the psp let's me view the rom titles and select the game of choice but gets hung up on the next screen that shows all the rom file data. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm not sure if clrmame is the solution. Maybe I need to run it through clrmame and "recreate" those roms? I am so new to all this and would greatly appreciate feedback. Thanks you all!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Doesn't the 1000 have less ram?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Doesn't the 1000 have less ram?
    Yeah, but on the 2001 the ram is split into two banks. I don't think a single program can access the full range. IIRC, it's used for two programs to use so the user can multitask.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Yeah, but on the 2001 the ram is split into two banks. I don't think a single program can access the full range. IIRC, it's used for two programs to use so the user can multitask.
    I had to enable extra ram on my E1000 to run Oblivion betas I was running 6.60 LME 2.3 at the time.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Im feeling out of luck at the moment. Found the following on another thread:

"Not sure if it's a PSP 1001 situation or the CFW 6.39ME that causes the crash. I have now installed CFW 6.39 PRO-B7 and that is working fine with MAME4ALL as well. At least using the "usermode-noneogeo-nocps1" version. So I figured I would add that info for anyone who may need it in the future."

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

update to 6.60 and use Pro C with fixes applies (Fix 3 if I remember correctly) [Pro C-2 is to be avoided due to a bug introduced]

P.S. Mame on PSP is never going to be great to start with due to lack of hardware for emulation but a lot of games should still run fine
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-February-2017 at 21:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks Zorlon! You are spot on. I was able to get mame4all working. It was a matter of grabbing the correct EBOOT file from the noneogeousermode folder. The tmnt game video and music are slow as crap but 1941 plays well. This has all been helpful. Lesson: Need more powerful psp to run newer arcade games.