Thread: Will Reicast Run Well On This Device?

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Will Reicast Run Well On This Device?

I'm thinking about buying this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/iView-Sup...ype=10&veh=aff

It's a budget priced tablet that I've seen run several games pretty well for the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN-IFTs25Jw&t=41s

Reicast's recommended specs, copy/pasted from the Google Play Store:

**Recommended specs**
    - Cpu: Cortex-A9, Dualcore, 1.2ghz
    - Gpu: Adreno, Tegra K1 or Mali400 gpus
    - At least 512mb ram

The device in question has:

CPU: ARM Cortex A53 Quad Core 1.2 Ghz Processor
    GPU: Mali400 MP
    RAM: 1GB

The device runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

I'm pretty sure this tablet is more than capable of emulating the Dreamcast.

But I'm posting this question here so I can know for sure before making a rash purchase.

NOTE: My previous tablet (Rest in Peace) was a Matsunichi M97 with Android 4.1, I believe. It was Dual Core, and I don't remember the name of the CPU or GPU. That device ran Dreamcast Games alright. The graphics were a bit buggy and FMV was UNBEARABLY slow, but games ran at a playable and acceptable speed.

Thank you so much for any and all input.

Also, I do not intend to run these games in HD. I much rather prefer running them in the Dreamcast's native resolution, which uses less power and simply runs better.
    Last edited by VirtuaroidPilot; 12th-February-2017 at 05:46.