Thread: Help. Project 64 won't read my controller or let me configure it.

Thanks

Default Help. Project 64 won't read my controller or let me configure it.

When I first started emulating with project 64 I was able to configure the controls and play perfectly fine. Now for some reason none of the ROMS I load read my controller and when I try to configure it it changes everything to Z. I've used this controller with Playstation, Wii, and Gamecube emulators and have no problem with them. Just with project 64. I've tried calibrating it in control panel and a bunch of other stuff I've read online but nothing I've read seems to be similar to my problem.

I have an INtel Core i7 cpu @2.40Ghz and am using an xbox one controller to play my emulations.

Update: It seems to only be not reading my controller for some Roms while others read just fine. For example I can play Mario Kart 64 with no issues but if I try and play Kirby I can't do anything. I still can't configure controllers anymore though and am stuck with the original configuration.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 10th-February-2017 at 20:50. Reason: Double post

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Are you using save states at all?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

No. I haven't made any save states.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can you tell if the entry is Z as in the letter or Z- or Z+ as in an axis? It could be that a stick is off centered. This can sometimes be fixed by reconnecting the controller or running joy.cpl to reset the controller via drivers.

Related: Not sure if XBONE controllers are the same, but the XBOX 360 controllers triggers don't work right without another program to set them as keys since Micro$oft made them as an axis.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had a similar problem with the newer versions of pj64. I downgraded and it worked. Controllers seem to be a little messed up for the newer versions of it. Old seems to work better. Try the one that's on emuparadise.