Thread: Sound Stuttering in ePSXe dont know anything about this emulator just wanted to play FF5 anthologies

Thanks

Default Sound Stuttering in ePSXe dont know anything about this emulator just wanted to play FF5 anthologies

So im using .bin,.cue files to run this game (yes i own it but i don't want to use the disks they are in pristine condition and i want them to say that way)
    Im getting some sound stuttering as i run the game and possibly some input lag but if so its not long. the music seams to play fine with some peaking but it keeps replaying every third or so note before continuing and its totally killing the groove. getting the same problem with chrono trigger. im gonna keep looking but hopefully somone knows the answer to this or can direct me to a "for dummies" for ePSXe.

Dxdiag relevant data just in case its my hardware, its a self build.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/9/2017, 14:22:51
    Machine name: THEKRAKEN
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
    BIOS: F14
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32728MB RAM
    Page File: 8960MB used, 28888MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    Diag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 970
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_31601462&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_E NUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 20423 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 4059 MB
    Shared Memory: 16364 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PSXDATACENTER.com is not quite a "for dummies" but it is very close. You select the system you are emulating, then the region, then the game. Scroll down past the screen shots to see recommended plugins and settings per game. These are configured for a higher end PC, which should work for your computer.

You could try RetroArch emulator. It takes some work to set up after install, but after that you won't ever have to screw around with plugins and per-game changes.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

I appreciate your help, your not kidding this looks complicated, does RetroArch have a site? i keep seeing other people programs like Launchbox or Emulation Station trying to get me to use their program to run it, i just want a standalone emu like we used to use. why do i need this extra crap

I tried the settings that Data center suggested but im still getting the issue BTW, it runs fine on my phone's ePSXe.apk version tho this is weird

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This thread has relevant links for RetroArch and the BIOS it uses. You can also find Warrior, the resident Retroarch guru if you need help configuring it.

Looking for other threads with similar issue points to using a different Sound plugin.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There is no reason as to why it should run that slow at all unless you are using some settings that don't like that the game does not like, but it is just a simple 2D game

But because the game has no 3D in it, just jump to using P.E.Op's soft plugin, add some Stretching like HQ3 to a res like 960x720 and it should still look nice for 2D visuals

Default sound plugin ePSXe core no settings to change if I remember correctly

Best versions of Final Fantasy (Main series only)
    1 = PSP (Best visuals and alot of extra content) PSN and UMD
    2 = PSP (Best visuals and alot of extra content) PSN and UMD
    3 = PSP (3D graphics) PSN and UMD
    4 = PSX (Not that different from the SNES version basic visual effects) 1 CD but part of a 2 CD set including Chrono Trigger (Another basic SNES to PSX port) also on PSN
    5 = PSX (Not that different from the SNES version basic visual effects) 1 CD but part of a 2 CD set including FFVI aka FF6 (Another basic SNES to PSX port) also on PSN
    6 = PSP (Best visuals and alot of extra content) PSN and UMD
    7 = PSX only 3 CD's or PSN, there was a better filtered version on PS4 but it's still the exact same game, the remake is on it's way though
    8 = PSX only 4 CD's or PSN
    9 = PSX only 4 CD's or PSN
    10 = PS3/PS4/PSvita Remastered version (PSN/Blu-Ray/Vita game card), Original on PS2 on DVD (Do not know if Microsoft got the HD version)
    11 = Online only PC and PS2 (PS2 required HDD)
    12 = PS2 on DVD
    13 = PS3/360
    14 = Online only
    15 = New game for PS4/Xbox One

Personally I would not know much about the compatibility of PPSSPP as I use my PSP 2k or PSvita to play PSP games, but played enough of the Final Fantasy games to know the better releases of most of them
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-February-2017 at 09:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR