Thread: Only downloading the disc image file.

Thanks

Default Only downloading the disc image file.

I am very new to emulating, with only a basic understanding of it. I have just downloaded the Dolphin emulator for Gamecube, having seen someone else use it and it looked great and most of his games ran great! However I can't use the bloody emulator yet, and I am itching to! I had attempted to download some roms from emuparadise, maybe I annoyed them with adblock on and the number of roms I tried to download at once to start with (I got a bit excited at the possibility of playing games from my favourite console!). I have tried downloading roms, one at a time, but when it comes to extraction on both winRAR and 7-zip, the only file in the folder is the disc image file, even trying just to extract that it says the file is corrupted. The length of time to download and the file size (of the disc image file) are sound and as expected, just no fucking game . I looked through the site for information and found very little to help me with this issue, however I got the hint from emuparadise, so I attempted a single download and added the site to my adblocker's whitelist, still nothing. And so I now have absolutely run out of the limited ideas I had with my limited emulator and rom/iso knowledge.

Help will be graciously accepted and in return you can feel content knowing you have sent a 24 year old man back to being 10, reliving my glorious childhood on the gamecube!

If there is any emuparadise admins about and emuparadise has done something to block my downloads... I'M SO SORRY!!!! I'll click a fuck tonne of ads just to get these games as I'm currently too broke to pay for premium (damn good price though! so would definitely consider it when I'm paying nothing for the emulator or games!

Just to add, I had tried downloading different roms of the same game, but the same happens as I explained previously. Also I checked compatibility with the emulator and all the files I downloaded were recommended for my version of Dolphin, 5.0. Running the correct version for my 64-bit operating system too. Compatibility is sound.

Ok, so I have finally found something I was missing, the difference between iso and rom. I'm assuming the the file named disc image file refers to an iso being the optical image file on a disk? I'm confused as to why every file I downloaded was corrupt still though, I'm gonna keep googling and hope for the best, but again any help or advice is very welcome
    Last edited by deadlegion; 8th-February-2017 at 09:28. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ROM refers to the Read Only Memory that cartridge games are made from, ISO is a type of disc image.

To make sure you get a good download with large files, like ISO, use a download manager like Flashget which uses Flashgot for browser integration. Download manager will check that your files are complete before the download is finished.

Make sure to check the file extensions before you unzip, since sometimes ISO files will look like WinRAR/7zip packed files. If the file type is ISO, do not extract. That is a playable disc image.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

when it comes to extraction on both winRAR and 7-zip, the only file in the folder is the disc image file, even trying just to extract that it says the file is corrupted.
    I think this may be your problem, trying to extract a disk image file would of course result in a corrupt file error as an disk image
    no longer needs to be extracted try running dolphin then going to the open folder in the top left corner find the disk image you extracted and try running it

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

My god do I feel like a tit lol. Something so simple, but thanks so much guys. I'm up and playing!! I'm gonna disappear for a while now.